Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New Titan Acoustic Electric Bass $125 Just arrived. Nice!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jgbass, Dec 8, 2005.

1. jgbass

jgbass Guest

Dec 17, 2003
    I saw this acoustic electric bass first on Ebay, then went to the NationalMusicSupply.com website. I needed a bass to take on a trip, leave somewhere else when I visit. Am mainly an upright and slab player, but wanted something light, easy, not needing amplication. Took a chance on this and could have gotten a cheap looking piece of junk, but not at all. This even looks nice. I'm not a beginner at all. Enjoying playing this. Rosewood fingerboard feels just right. Fingerboard somewhat like my Ibanez SRX, just a little thicker.

http://www.nationalmusicsupply.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=14

Pleasant surprise right out of the box. Very playable. Nice tone. No fret buzzes anywhere. Frets looks solid. Nice, solid finish. Have no idea what the strings are. I'm used to flatwounds, so this is a little different. They sent me the wrong color, but decided I liked the Caramel color anyway. Available in many colors. Arrived in two days. Basic electronics sounds fine reproducing the sound of the bass. I would like the string height maybe a little lower, and the intonation on the G string is not perfect at the octave (seems okay on other strings). Never had an acoustic-electric before and, not bad at all for the price for a nice, basic electric acoustic.

2. dave120

dave120

Jun 27, 2005
    Central Florida
    I considered buying a Titan as my first electric bass a long time ago when I decided to learn bass just because I saw them all over eBay and they were cheap...I ended up getting one of my Washburns locally instead though. The Titan P bass is $79 with free shipping?! It says solid Alder body I wonder how these would compare to an SX...and if they'd be as easy to replace with Fender parts as the SX basses are....They do only have a P bass though, but it does come in quite a few colors.

Congrats on the new bass! I've found a lot of low priced instruments to be pretty good bargains for what you pay for them.