<------------------ new to bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by lateralus, Jul 30, 2002.

1. lateralus

lateralus Guest

Jul 21, 2002
    Hey every one I am new to bass kind of i know a few bassic riffs and only own a squier telecaster 50 years of excelence model and want to get into bass i was looking around and saw a few cheap basses the kramer 420s pack for 189
    the rogue 200fx something for 129
    or the essex for 119
    i am leaning towards the kramer because it my dad had a krammer guitar once and it was realy good quality
    any help would be apreciated
  2. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    By all current reasoning, the Essex would be your best bet.
  3. lateralus

lateralus Guest

Jul 21, 2002
    so i should get the essex bass?
    waht would be a good bass practice amp?
  4. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Essex seems the wisest choice. The practice amp question is one for the Amps forum.
  5. lateralus

lateralus Guest

Jul 21, 2002
    ok i just ordered an essex BG-180sb
    i cant wait for it to get here thanx for your suggestion any stuff i have to do to it beside tune it
    before i play it Any help woul dbe appreciated

6. Use punctuation.

Sorry, little grumpy today, cut my thumb restringing my bass...
  7. ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    The cheap kramers you see now are not the same Kramer instruments your dad played back in the day. These new kramers are not good IMO.

I would go with the Essex of the basses you listed.
  8. lateralus

lateralus Guest

Jul 21, 2002
    hey it summer Im trying to stay as far away from anything except reading and writing basic words as I can
  9. Jeff Moote

Jeff Moote Supporting Member

Oct 11, 2001
    Beamsville, ON, Canada
    That, my friend is an immature and unintelligent statement, please try to act civilised like the rest of us and speak properly.
  10. Hehehe... Seriously though, it's a real eyesore, almost as bad as people writing in caps.
  11. Dean_CustomJazz

Dean_CustomJazz Guest

Jan 23, 2002
    O mahn do I Her Taht, Somer, Hut n Slo:cool:
  12. The Essex was a good choice. I've got the SJB-62, and I'm loving it, even if the neck feels too thin. Not a fan of J bass necks, but I'm getting over it for love of the bass.

Look on ebay for some inexpensive practice amps.

Peavey Mircobass is a damn good amp. If you can find one of them, you'd do good to get it.