1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

new to buying Double Basses.

Discussion in 'Basses [DB]' started by IconBasser, Sep 9, 2008.

1. IconBasser

IconBasser Scuba Viking Supporting Member

Feb 28, 2007
    Alta Loma, California
    hey y'all! I've been playing DB for two years in my high school jazz band. I'm really getting into it, and I'm interested in purchasing my own.

I know they're expensive, but don't really have a clue as to what the paradigms are regarding intermediate to top-level basses.

I really can't spend more than 1500, does this limit my options to complete crap?

thanks for your time.

-IconBasser

2. Welcome to Talkbass Iconbasser! You don't need to worry about the paradigms for intermediate to top level basses until you can spend (at least) 10 times your budget.

Please read the stickies at the top of the Basses forum to find out more about bass buying.

3. IconBasser

IconBasser Scuba Viking Supporting Member

Feb 28, 2007
    Alta Loma, California

heh, thanks for the welcome, but I've been visiting TalkBass for about a year and a half (EB side :p)

thanks for the suggestion on the stickies. I'll check em out!