1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

New to effects/pedal boards, some questions

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by ninefingerbass, Jul 10, 2012.

1. So I'm new to pedals and effects but after getting the bug I'd like to start off by saying that I'm a littel bit hooked. I've also been purchasing lots of Source Audio pedals and would like to understand the midi function that is possible with them. I've seen those midi pedals, what are those?

About a pedal board, I'm starting to look at certain pedal boards but want to know which one would be large enough to fit a SA BEF Pro, Multiwave Distortion (large pedal), Boss RC-20XL, SA Programmable EQ, and SA Phaser/Flanger and Expression pedal? Any ideas?

2. Alvaro Martín Gómez A.

Alvaro Martín Gómez A. TalkBass' resident Bongo + cowbell player

Pedaltrain is the most popular choice and yes, they are really good, solid and lightweight. They come in different sizes as well. Check them out if you haven't done so yet.

3. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Yes, a PT-Pro should do nicely.

4. Cool, I've thought about making my own, you know custom built and all but it'll be more expensive, I'll check it out when I get back from deployment. So my question, some source audio pedals have midi on the back, what is it for?

5. itswac

itswac

Nov 24, 2009
    Boston, MA
    Endorsing Artist/Product Line Manager: Source Audio Effects
    The MIDI controls vary for each pedal. MIDI can control individual parameters and send presets on the Pro Series and send presets on the EQ.