Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New to effects pedals(EBS) to be exact....

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by djshawn47, Feb 6, 2004.

1. I just bought a couple of effects pedals and i have what im sure is a newbie quesion.

Can i plug an EBS effects pedal directly into my Aguilar DB680 preamp? or do i have to do the bass to pedal to preamp deal?

If i can plug it directly into to the preamp...where do i plug the pedal into? The effects send input or the effect return input??? I have no idea what these inputs are for....

Someone please give me a schooling if you dont mind!

Thanks in advance.

2. QTraXQ

QTraXQ Guest

Aug 16, 2002
    San Antonio, TX
    from send -> bass pedal-> return.... and you want the bass directly connected to the Preamp.. now you should be able to go bass->bass pedal->preamp, but the resulting sound may be different and you may have a better chance of some sort of distortion or feedback..

I have an Mesa Boogie M-2000 and I prefer to use the send and return method for my chrous and Bass DI, I then go from my Bass-> Bass OD pedal(making sure my output levels are not too high on the Bass OD!!) -> m-2000