1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

new to effects - suggestions?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by santucci218, Jun 17, 2007.

1. santucci218

santucci218

Jan 26, 2007
    Pittsburgh
    hey guys, i have about 200 dollars or so for some pedals. i really like effects, just not extreme ones. I like to have a little grit in my signal, but not like heavy distortion or anything. I like it to be real punchy and good for slap too. Please give me some suggestions because im heading to trade in my combo soon for some effects soon! what are good brands for a decent price? everyone says boss.

2. SpankyPants

SpankyPants That's Mr. SpankyPants to you.

Aug 24, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY
    Buy 13 FAB Metal pedals.

3. Korg DT-10 series tuner.

The most important pedal you'll ever own.

4. santucci218

santucci218

Jan 26, 2007
    Pittsburgh
    i tell ya spanky, last time i was interested in effects i think you recommended 23 flanger pedals.

I know i know, search the forums, but the forum search cant exactally help me when im asking what pedals to get a specific tone. i was just wondering for some suggestions is all.

5. SpankyPants

SpankyPants That's Mr. SpankyPants to you.

Aug 24, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY
    No, I recommended 16 FAB Flangers.

Man, this is like the 4th "New to effects" thread that you've made. Maybe you should search for "grit" or other adjectives that you want to find in a pedal.

6. vtwo

vtwo

Dec 16, 2006
    Connecticut
    If you want grit, get a GK amp. ;D

Well pedals... just get an overdrive.
    EHX Little Big Muff
    Ibanez PD7
    any cheap Dano, used Boss, etc.

You can even use a heavier distortion/metal pedal if you just turn the drive down.

And I looked in your profile - you don't list any other amps. Don't trade in your combo without realizing that effects do absolutely nothing without amplification. ;)

7. santucci218

santucci218

Jan 26, 2007
    Pittsburgh
    im buying a new amp actually, a 2x12 avatar and idk what head yet.

8. a boss blues driver gives a nice smooth overdriven tone

9. santucci218

santucci218

Jan 26, 2007
    Pittsburgh
    hmm, i wouldnt have even tried that because i thought it would give a clean guitar kinda sound, thank you!

10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 15, 2021