1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

New to Effects...

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by SimplemanBB450, Nov 25, 2010.

1. I wanted to see what the consensus was when setting up the order of my effects. At this moment in time I only have two. They are the Sansamp Tech 21 Bass D.I Box and a Diamond BCP-1 Bass Compression Pedal. Prior to ordering the BCP-1 I was using the Tech 21 as a pre-amp with XLR output to our sound board. Should i keep the Tech 21 as the last output and place the BCP-1 first or is all more of a personal preference? I just wanted to see what others opinion was. Thanks for your input, have a happy thanksgiving!

2. Most like to place their compression first. However, there are many that place them last. I suggest you put it first, use it that way, get used to it. One day, switch it. If you like it better, there you go, that's the position for you.

Btw, I have a Diamond Guitar Compressor and it's awesome! Nice choice! I haven't yet but I'll be using it with my bass

3. Bassmike62

Bassmike62 Punch'n Ooomph Provider Supporting Member

+1

4. Kromwarp

Kromwarp

Sep 16, 2008
    Greater Grand Rapids, Michigan
    Master Luthier: Ironclad Bass Guitars
    Personally I'd run the Bass Driver first to send your cleanest signal to your preamp, then add compression to your liking before going out to your amp

5. The other point I wanted to ask was when powering my Tech 21 I am using the Phantom Power from the sound board. Am I able to use the phantom power to power the BCP-1 as well? If not, what is with the BCP-1's power source? i see they include the AC to DC plug converter, which i presumes takes 110V AC to a 18V DC? What is the red plug also included? Thanks for your help TB'ers. I look forward to exploring the possibilities of the new BCP-1 pedal.