New To Forum

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by superfly, Aug 4, 2004.

1. superfly

Aug 4, 2004
    Hi, I am new to the forum. I am a 40 yr old drummer who decided to learn the bass. I've been lurking the forum for about 2 weeks and it seems to be a wealth of knowledge here. I just bought my 1st bass and amp setup.
    I bought a new Fender Standard P bass mim. It has been "hot rodded" by the local shop I bought it at. Midnight wine color with a white pearl pick guard. EMG active P pickups, custom knobs, and a nice setup job on the bridge and action. I paid $450, seems like a good price considering the pickups, pickguard, knobs and setup job. The action and string height are noticeably better than a "out of the box" p bass. I also picked up a Fender Rumble 100 amp for $299. Its sounds great for the price. I tried the Ibanez sw100 for a few days, and it just didn't have the sound I wanted.
    Any tips, tricks or advice is welcome.
  2. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

welcome to TB. nice price on the bass. just go look around and feel free to ask questions if you have any, but make sure they havent been asked/answered yet. i have a midnightwine jazz and im getting a whitepearloid pickguard, so our basses will look almost like twins :bassist: