New to forums: Picking my bass up after many years

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by cinnabar, Dec 16, 2012.

1. cinnabar

cinnabar

Dec 16, 2012
    El Paso, Texas
    Hi All! I played bass for about 5 years and then put it down for about 15. I've decided to start playing again, but it's amazing how bad I am. Luckily all those basses I hung onto are maybe worth something (1972 Rickenbacker & 1993 Surfcaster). I've already been lucking in the forums and have found this place incredibly useful. I just look forward to learning from everyone here.

2. Welcome.

I put my bass down for about 15 as well but didn't keep it. I had a late 80s Rick 4003 that I bought new.

I finally got back into it and now have 2 Ricks. An early 80s 4003 and an 86 4003S/5.

You should drop into the Rickenbacker Club and show some pics.

3. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    Welcome back! We don't hold grudges here. You can come and go as you please. Just do me a favor. Next time you take a 15 year break, leave your basses with me! I'll take good care of them for you. Cheers.

4. cinnabar

cinnabar

Dec 16, 2012
    El Paso, Texas
    Thanks very much. I pulled the string off my Ric to have some work done - will get photos up later.

You know, I moved many, many times but I always kept my bass guitars. Glad it finally paid off and i'm getting some use out of them.

5. AlecRob

AlecRob

Mar 7, 2011
    I'm glad you kept your rickenbacker! I'd love to see what it looks like!

6. cinnabar

cinnabar

Dec 16, 2012
    El Paso, Texas
    Here you go:

Attached Files:

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 3, 2021