1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

New to Genz Benz-Vintage settings?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jbassbear, Mar 12, 2013.

1. jbassbear

jbassbear

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Can anyone help me? Looking to get a more vintage sound aka Ampeg SVT with my upright bass...that 70's thing..

I currently own a Genz Benz Shuttle 6.2 and run it through a Markbass NY 121 single 12"...

Any chance I could achieve close to this sound with my current set up? Only play upright bass...but you electric players could help since I am new to this..

Thanks so much.
    Jbassbear

2. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    The Shuttle amps are not the right tool for a "vintagey" tone. The Streamliner series are GB's vintage sounding line. You can however, use a Sansamp pedal in front of your Shuttle, to get alot closer to the tone you seek.

3. jbassbear

jbassbear

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Thank you...a pedal like the VT Bass?

4. smogg

smogg

Mar 27, 2007
    NPR, Florida
    I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell
    Yep, VT would fix ya right up.

5. KJung

KJung Supporting Member

+1 Be aware that there is a new, upgraded VT pedal shipping in late May or so. Similar to the small, standard VT, but with many additional features (DI, blend, etc.). Worth the wait IMO if you can do without for another couple of months. Sweetwater is taking pre-orders on the newer model.