new to giging and in need of answers

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by punkmetal, Jul 19, 2005.

1. punkmetal

punkmetal Guest

Jul 19, 2005
    WI (milwaukee area)
    I am new to giging for "real" shows and have a few questions I am hoping can be answered in a forum.

The main thing i need to no is what is a good amp configuration for small to medium stages
    -I currently have a 300watt head and a 4x10 cab but I want to get a 2x10 or a 1x15 to add to it

what i have works for now but i fear that I might get over powered once my band is out in the open
  2. Mcrelly

Jun 16, 2003
    Minnesota, USA
    are you new to forum posting??? you already have a thread going with the exact same title??? :confused: not slamming you, just wondering...

anyway, my question to you would be: "does your band have or plan to use PA (public address) speakers to help amplify your sound when playing out doors??" if not you will probably want more cabs like a 410 and a 115 or a 810 or maybe throw in an 18"?? and alot more power, maybe 1000w into 4ohms?

your band could also rent PA speaker from you local pro audio supplier for that occasional out door gig.
  3. 1000watts is massive overkill, 90% of metal bassists in my area have approx 300-500watts and a 410 or 115+210, all you ever need, unless there is no PA support or you plan to play stadiums. So save your ears and your wallet and just don't listen to gear heads :p alot of them just use exxy gear to cover bad playing.
  4. HMZ

HMZ Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2003
    300 watts a 4x10 and 1x15 is perfect. If any thing I would add more watts like around 400-500 but no big deal.
  5. punkmetal

punkmetal Guest

Jul 19, 2005
    WI (milwaukee area)
    I got a message saying it didn't go through or somthing and i didn't sign in so i posted again oops o well use the other thred though thax

but yeah my 410 is rated for 300 watts and so is my head but my clip light goes on evey now and then so i no i have enough power for a 2nd cab. but i am deciding if i should get a 210 to make a total of 6 10" subs or a 115 to add to my low

I am not playing on those recordings but thats the band i just joined ( i changed almost all of the bass parts to better fit and make the songs sound more interesting) ( o and the sound quality isn't the greatest cause it was recorded with a camcorder)