NEW to me anyway CARVIN 6 fretless is here

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Jon Burnet, Jun 26, 2002.

1. Jon Burnet

Jon Burnet

Jan 21, 2001
    Memphis, TN
    ok guys just got it. 6 string fretless in blue flamed maple. ebony bored. mmmmmmmmmmmm she's a beauty. i'll give a full review later. i am at work and the customers frown on "wanking". i'll try to get some pics up as well.
  2. Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Welcome to the club! :D
  3. snyderz

Aug 20, 2000
    AZ mountains
    Congrats on the new axe. I'm kinda looking for a fretless sixer myself. When you give your report, give the nut width, string spacing at bridge, etc if you will. Thanks,
  4. Lackey

May 10, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Nice choice!!! I was just playing a fretless BB75 at our local Carvin store the other day,, EXCELLENT instrument!! I want one!!
  5. Jon Burnet

Jon Burnet

Jan 21, 2001
    Memphis, TN
    obviously i cant give you the specifics right now but i will say this is the easiest 6 string i have ever played. mine also has the adjustable wilkinson bridge. i havent descidedif i am in love with the pickups or not yet. the neck plays like a really thin pedulla. it even feels like it has the diamond kote and it's nothin but straight ebony.
  6. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    So, when do we get to see pics of this beauty and its ebony "bored"?:D
  7. Jon Burnet

Jon Burnet

Jan 21, 2001
    Memphis, TN
    ok "sorry bout the bored bit....i was tired of bein in my office." the BOARD is ebony and a little under 2 inches at the nut and is 3 at the bridge. i plugged it in to my rig...

DAMN!!!! talk about jaco on roids! no complaints. sounds better than the fodera i played a couple of months before. this thing sounds as good or better than the pedulla, zon, and roscoe i was looking at. this thing has the carvin pre amp but these CANT be the stock pick ups.... they rip. ok goin back to play it some more. i will try to get some pics up...but my camera sux and i want you guys to check ou8t the kick ass flame on the top AND the headstock.
  8. Jon Burnet

Jon Burnet

Jan 21, 2001
    Memphis, TN
    pluggeed her in at rehearsal tonight and i am in awe. definately does not go in the "blows" catergory.
  9. Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    If there are no pix, then it doesn't count!;)
  10. They just may be the stock pickups... Carvin reworked the pre awhile back and finally got it right. You're gonna be one happy camper!
  11. Justin V

Justin V

Dec 27, 2000
    Alameda, CA
    Sounds great. I've been looking into a Carvin (maybe at the end of summer). Let's see some pics.