Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New (to me) Ashdown Mini48

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by nottswarwick, Mar 12, 2005.

1. Hi,

Just thought I would share with you all the latest addition to my rig. I have just got an Ashdown mini48 cab off Ebay. This goes with my Ashdown mini15, and Hartke 3500.

Sounds superb - so much better than the mini15 on its own & they are "made for each other" these 2 cabs. Also alot more powerful now my head can develop its full potential into 4 ohms.

It is heavy for its size, but a superb bit of kit all round.

Here is a pic:

Attached Files:

2. This is the kinda rig I am going to have. It will sound immense hopefully.

3. yeah - it does sound good. Only tried it at home so far, but have a rehearsal session tomorrow, and Iknow it will be just what I am after. Both cabs together give great bite with good solid bottom end too. And they are very portable. I am chuffed to bits, especially since my combined spend on both was £500 including petrol to collect them. The mini 48 costs nearly that new on its own, and they are both nearly mint.

:hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

So glad I took my time and waited for the right gear to come up.

4. Used my new rig at practice last night. It was a full stage practice in a big hall with PA etc - sounded superb. Highly recommend this set up :hyper: