1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

New (to me) Bag End 4x10

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BassBuzzRS, Nov 13, 2006.

1. BassBuzzRS

BassBuzzRS

Oct 18, 2005
    Norway
    I just aquired a Bag end Q10BX-D cabinet. Last owner was the distributor himself, who only played it twice and now he moves his business and sells out his stock. My oh my it looks nice. Sounds good too from what I can hear, though I haven't had a chance to crank it up yet. It's going to the rehearsal place on wednesday. Can't wait. Anyone else have experience with this looker?

Oh yeah, it DOES exist, see below :) I put it with my also recently aquired Fender Japan 2003 precision reissue.
    BagEnd.gif

2. Cool. Is it the 'deep' model of the thin one. I like them both.. the tweeters are really nice and natural sounding. The regular model has a little more mid punch (like the wonderful SD15x), and the deep model extends the low end a touch.

Cool.... you don't see these cabs around much... very nice! Enjoy!

Ken

3. fraublugher

fraublugher

Nov 19, 2004
    ottawa, ontario, canada
    music school retailer
    i had one of those , excellent cab and can take abuse too.

4. RWiegman

RWiegman

Jul 18, 2005
    Netherlands
    That's a great cab! I own a D10X-D (2x10) and I love it.
    The only thing I dislike is the weight of Bag End cabs in general. A Bag End with NEO's would be perfect.

5. The "B" designation immediately after the driver size number (10 in this case) indicates a deep (18" or so) version. Lacking that descriptor, it'd be 12".

6. I loved my Bagend S12 and S15 (pre redeye stuff). Congrats! I love that bass.

7. BIGREDSIX

BIGREDSIX Supporting Member

Do yourself a favor and go to YouTube and search for "Chick Corea Electrik Band" and listen to "Beneath the mask". John Patitucci is playing through two of these and his tone is awesome. JP had a hand in the design of this particular cab and is a longtime Bag End user, like myself. Enjoy what should be a wonderful cab! :bassist:

8. BassBuzzRS

BassBuzzRS

Oct 18, 2005
    Norway
    Ok I came back from band practise with the cab. Mighty is the word indeed! I used my custom Eugen 5str bass and for amp the Markbass sa 450 (LMII's brother, also 300w in 8ohm).

The sounds were big and filled the room wonderfully, still quick response, and the coaxial "tweeter" technology sounded so pleasant that it deserves special mention! All in all I was very much satisfied with the tone.

There is something to be said about the weight of it though, not easy to carry by yourself because of the depth of the cab, but as my vocalist said, it's easy to carry for two people to and from gig-transport. I can live with it for this awesome sound. I mean, incredible wonderful basstones :)

First the 4-band Noll-preamp in this bass, now this voice-of-God cab, good times :bassist:

9. BassBuzzRS

BassBuzzRS

Oct 18, 2005
    Norway
    I did it man, amazing!