1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

New-to-me Bass pics...(need some direction)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by J.Mac, Mar 1, 2008.

1. Hey, guys...
    Frequent lurker, infrequent poster. DIG the forum!

I just picked up an Ibanez PTP Sereal# starts #Foo. From what I understand from the little research I've done, it's Japaneese made in 90 or 2000 or maybe 80. Ha I dunno!

It's had the frets pulled out and filled back in with godKnowsWhat then it was majic markered where the frets were. Missing a knob. Some sorta Hebrew or some other squiggily lined alphabeted language was wood burned into the face.

I paid 50 buck for this at a yard sale and it plays freakin awesome!
    This is my first fretless and I'm surprised how much different and fun it is. I dig this sound and challenge, a LOT!

I'm going to research how to refinish this ones neck and body.

I thought someone might be interrested.
    Hasta!
    Jimmy
    iBass2.

iBass1.

2. wdinc01

wdinc01

Nov 19, 2005
    Jacksonville, FL
    $50 is a fantastic deal! Not that I like Ibanezes, but I would have definitely picked that up, if not for the challenge of learning fretless. And if it sounds good and plays well then that's all that matters.

Great find!