Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New (To Me) Elrick Single Cut

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by grooveguru, Dec 19, 2005.

1. grooveguru

grooveguru

Sep 14, 2000
    Central PA
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Finally plugged her in tonight after having it for several days (Been doing the upright gig) and Lawdy what a kick butt tone and it plays "too nice"! I get to play her this coming Friday night!

2. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Congrats, looking good :)

3. grooveguru

grooveguru

Sep 14, 2000
    Central PA
    Thanks, I know she's been around the block here on TB but out of the 3 Elrick's I've had this one is the nicest so far.

4. grooveguru

grooveguru

Sep 14, 2000
    Central PA
    Also the pics give it a redish cast but it actually is a rich walnut and even nicer looking in person!

5. nice woods and all, but i am not all that fond of the single cut. but as long as you like it, thats all that matters

lowsound

6. irjason

irjason Supporting Member

Nov 17, 2001
    Louisville, KY
    Nice looking bass. I trust it plays as good as it looks. If you're ever feeling generous I could probably find it a good home :D

7. grooveguru

grooveguru

Sep 14, 2000
    Central PA
    I wasn't sure I would either but it plays and sounds fantastic so it works for me. Plus I like the fact that no one around my area has one. I like being different! :cool:

8. grooveguru

grooveguru

Sep 14, 2000
    Central PA
    And for you perverted types out there here's her backside......

[​IMG]

9. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    When's it my turn at her??

;)

10. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    I was going to say the same thing! Enjoy it, man!

11. I miss her already :smug:

Glad you're enjoying her. Definatly a very sweet tone. Let us know how the gig goes :)

How do you like the playing ramp?

12. C-5KO

C-5KO

Mar 9, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    I miss her too!

I'm waiting for another new one, based closely on that configuration. I changed the Ebony fingerboard, to Brazilian Rosewood, and it's a 6er. I also just made a last change late last week from J's to Soaps with a coiltap. Increased the wait time from Jan 16th, to end of March. I hope I don't regret the pickup change. The J's in that bass were one of the best I've heard, but I don't think I can live without Soaps.

Definately one of the thicker/buttery/punchier Elricks around. It's got a punch similar to my bolt-on. Plus it's light as a feather. No neck strain at all. I even twirled it around a couple of times. Tossed it to the drummer. Easy to catch!

:D :D :bag:

13. grooveguru

grooveguru

Sep 14, 2000
    Central PA
    The ramp was the 1st thing to go as I play pick style about 30% of the time. I may put it back on at some point!

14. grooveguru

grooveguru

Sep 14, 2000
    Central PA
    Not enough strings for you! :D

15. Zooberwerx

Zooberwerx Gold Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2002
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Sorry, dude, but I think its defective. Its missing the screws which hold the neck in place and somebody forgot to saw away the extra wood where the upper horn should to be.

Oh well, as long as you're happy!

Merry Christmas to all

Riis

16. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    Meh... I'll find some way to deal with it...

;)

17. Ah, I see. I play with a pick every once in a while too, and the ramp definatly makes that fairly impossible (for my picking style anyways). It would be cool to have a ramp that was more easily removeable - like having slots on the sides of the pickups to just slide the ramp in and out or something. With ramps on both of my main basses, I kinda missed playing with a pick :p