Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New (to me) Epifani T-210

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Jason Carota, Mar 18, 2005.

1. Jason Carota

Jason Carota Gold Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2002
    Lowell, MA
    The big brown truck dropped off my new (used) Epifani T-210 yesterday. The cab came courtesy of TB's ModulusAcacia. I had rencently been searching for a T-110 to pair with my T-112. The 210 ended up replacing my need for the 110 as-well-as the 112.

Before my current Ashdown/Epifani setup, I used an SWR Super Redhead 2x10 combo. When I switched to the Epifani 112, I loved its voicing, but I missed the punch of the 2x10. The T-210 gives me exactly what I was looking for - the Epifani sound with more punch.

Attached Files:

2. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    WOW!! Very nice Jason.

I am still in love with my newly acquired NYC T-112. I can't imagine anything sounds better, but I'll have to check out a 210 some time.

-Mike

3. nastyn8c

nastyn8c

Feb 7, 2005
    Tampa, FL
    That's awesome. I'm still wondering what's so nice about epifani. Other than the UL series being light.

4. Cool, an Ashdown/Epifani combo! I recently picked up a 110UL from gguitars, and want to get another for a pair (pushing with an Ashdown MK500.) You'll have to let us know how the 210 stands on it's own.

5. Chrisrm

Chrisrm Bass Virtuoso Wannabe

Feb 10, 2002
    Colchester, CT
    I have an Ashdown ABM400 head that I use with a pair of Epifani 210s. I love my set up. The Ashdown sound with the Epifani punch and clarity. It's just delicious. I use just one of the cabs for smaller places and run both for larger clubs. Very versatile, punchy, warm yet clear set up.

6. mgmadian

mgmadian

Feb 4, 2002
    Austin, TX
    Very cool...I also just picked up a 4-ohm Epi T-210 yesterday, from TB's own CaptainWally. Haven't had a chance yet to put it thru its paces, but in the brief time playing it yesterday (not at loud volume mostly), it sounded full, big, etc. I'm hoping it'll be a good substitute for my two 8-ohm cabs (Ampeg 210 and SWR 410), which are just more than I need at the moment. It's not the lightest 210 in the world, a few pounds heavier than the Ampeg 210, but reasonable. Will post a review when I get a chance to give it a workout in reheasal.

7. Jason Carota

Mar 1, 2002
    Lowell, MA
    I will. Like mgmadian said, I haven't been able to really put it through its paces yet. However, I have a couple of auditions coming up. I am sure I will get a chance to at those.

8. Jason Carota

Mar 1, 2002
    Lowell, MA
    It all depends on the sound you are looking for, I guess. I like Epifani cabs because of their transparency and thick low end.

9. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    nice jason!

last night used one of my 2x10UL's, and was MORE than enough to fill a small theatre. Epifani is good gear. :cool:

10. DEVILMAN

DEVILMAN

Nov 24, 2001
    New York,NY
    Off topic but, I played a 502 today, nice clean & clear(w/Aggie 1x12 & F-bass 6). Epifani is indeed quality...

~S~

11. mgmadian

mgmadian

Feb 4, 2002
    Austin, TX
    Oh yeah... I played a 502 earlier this week when I was tryin' out an Epi 310-UL. Killer cab and killer amp. I was very impressed with the 502. Costs a small fortune, but I really like the 2-channel thing...I'm always amazed (and disappointed) that more bass amps don't have 2 channels.

12. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    i like the 502, and its an awesome match with the ol' 2x10, but with my Epi Quest preamp and 1200 watts of my Stewart, STAND BACK!!!

btw, funny, but with the "mid-cut", it makes my UL cabs suddenly sound like the older NYC cabs. kinda cool.

13. DEVILMAN

DEVILMAN

Nov 24, 2001
    New York,NY
    ...hmmm.

How does the Quest compare to the tube & SS pre's we tried that day at Nicks?

~S~

14. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    hey Dev,

waaaaaaay clearer. Nick's been perfecting this baby since we left the shop that day, and its been paying off. again, its clear as a bell, yet never harsh. again, to put it VERY blunt, like sticking a nice EQ section on an Avalon U5. tube or no tube, this little guy sounds too good.

the only niggle i have is the fact that its taking forever for the rackmounts to come into the shop. til then, i've been using my iAMP-800 bag for it.

15. DEVILMAN

DEVILMAN

Nov 24, 2001
    New York,NY
    I'm on vacation this week. Maybe I'll pay Vinny/Joe & Nick a visit...

~S~