1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

New to me Genz Benz GBE 600!! video content

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by b.bandit, Mar 22, 2009.

1. b.bandit

b.bandit

Sep 20, 2005
    Columbus, OH
    I love this thing, just scored it off TB. Only problem it had was a busted IEC, which the Genz Benz guys and gals shipped to me free of charge. Thank you so much!!

My only concern is I may need a bit more volume so I am thinking about which cab to add, to hit either 2.67 or 2 ohm.

2. That was nice.
    I (or anybody else) can't help you with the cab though if you don't get more specific.
    What tone are you after? What configuration do you like, what size/weight do you need? Things like that need to be known in order to give you advice.
    Ah, and this is another fine example of great Genz Benz customer support. Keep it up guys (and gals, if any):)

3. yamaha

yamaha

Apr 7, 2006
    Montreal
    I had a GBE600 for a while. Hooked it up to a 1x18 SWR and 4x10 SWR, and did not need more volume. (and we play LOUD). Also with a SWR 8x10, and again no volume issues. The GBE 400 I had just before the 600 was being pushed pretty hard, but the 600 handled it very well.

The GBE 600 is louder than any of the 3 amps I use now (Shuttle 6.0, LM2, or M-Pulse 360). I only sold it because I thought I wanted even more (pre-power amp setup), but now I'm back to bass heads. With the GBE600, Loud rock band, with no PA support, in 150+ seating room was no problem.

4. b.bandit

b.bandit

Sep 20, 2005
    Columbus, OH
    I want to be able to hit low mids, but would like to find a relatively flat cab.

I am looking for versatility. But I do love to get loud and old schooled.

I am wondering the difference in percived volume 2.67 vs. 2 ohms

Do you think a single 1x12 would suffice in a bit of a volume push plus use as monitor on stage or do I just go with another 2x12?

I want to stay small, need to down size my rig. I can't deal with other 2x15!!

5. Double Agent

Double Agent

Mar 10, 2006
    Lakeland, FL
    What cab do you have now?

6. b.bandit

b.bandit

Sep 20, 2005
    Columbus, OH
    Home built (by someone else) 2x12 with delta 12lf's

7. Double Agent

Double Agent

Mar 10, 2006
    Lakeland, FL
    Well, my experience with the GBE600 is this. When I use it with an 8-ohm 1x12, its loud enough for practice and small rooms (275 watts). Its also loud enough to use as a monitor if I'm going through the PA. There are small issues with headroom, but they are not deal breakers. When I use it 2 cabs, the 1x12 and a 2x10 (425 watts), it seems to project a great deal more. It isn't "loud", my stage volume isn't screaming or anything, but the tone goes a great deal farther and there is a lot more headroom. It seems a lot louder. I have played outdoor shows with large PAs, where the soundman took me out of the PA because I was loud enough without it.

I don't think you'll percieve a great deal of difference in volume between 2.67 and 2 ohms. The extra volume really comes from having the extra speakers more than the extra watts anyways. I would get another 4-ohm 2x12.

Congrats on your GBE600. They are great amps, I love mine. I am thinking about going the ShuttleMAX 12.0 route, but only because of the weight and some extra tonal shaping features (seperate EQ for each channel). The tone and power of my GBE600 has never let me down.

8. b.bandit

b.bandit

Sep 20, 2005
    Columbus, OH
    what type of music do you play?