Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

new (to me) MXR phase 100

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Tecx, Mar 24, 2003.

1. Tecx

Tecx Radio Rock Leads To Sterility

Jun 9, 2002
    Halifax, NS, Canada
    Boo Yaa... Just scored an MXR phase 100 for 15 bones!!! She was a little roughed up, well still is (cosmeticaly) - but after some easy repare and tlc, brand new in sound... And WOW!!! One of the best phasers I have ever heard sooooo lush, 4 modes + speed control. It is one of the old script logo mxr's too, and they usualy fetch 150 on ebay!..

Alex

2. Sell it for a tidy profit and get yourself the Phase 90 instead, it sounds better IMO. For whatever reason the Phase 100 can't cop it's meaty tone.

3. Tecx

Jun 9, 2002
    Halifax, NS, Canada
    really?.. humm, mabey I will - it doesn't have a power jack or an LED... so that could be a thought....

Alex

4. I am sure the Phase100 sounds cool...I have read that it is a different tone than the 90 and for all it's flexibility can't match bass-freindly vibe of the smaller one. I have a 90 and it sounds very good? I think it's probably the most popular model for bass. Phaser isn't something that you use that often for bass anyways so maybe it's not worth the hassle?

5. Tecx

Jun 9, 2002
    Halifax, NS, Canada
    Humm, actualy I use it quite a bit... alas my last phaser sucked... I dunno... the new phase 90 isn;t true bipass is it?,.. mind you I can fix that no problem...

Alex

6. Nope and I think the switch is wired directly on the circuit board making any mod near impossible. I have mine in a bypass loop. You can actually hear it phasing quietly away in the background when it's supposedly off....keep it out of your signal chain if possible.

7. Tecx

Jun 9, 2002
    Halifax, NS, Canada
    ahh, well my 100 is... :p

true bypass that is...

Alex