Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

new (to me) spector ns5crfm

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by neptoon, Jul 16, 2004.

1. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    i picked this up used from bassistgod...i gotta give it to the guy, he takes care of his gear, and he packs like a pro...great doin' business with ya, man...and this bass OWNS...i love the snappy, growly, mean, aggressive tone of this thing...it's freakin' nuts! it's got the aguilar pramp in it that i'm really not too familiar with, but it seems to work great with the EMG's...i'll be playing a party this saturday and i'll be doing some tracks in the studio on sunday...i think it'll do just great...i'm diggin' this...looks awesome, sounds great, plays easily...i just need to slap some sr2000's on there and lower the action a hair, and it'll be good to ROLL :D more to follow...

:hyper: :hyper:

2. in your bass collection, you have all of my current GASes. congrats on the new bass, its a sweet one

3. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    well, i gotta tell ya, they're all awesome planks...i dig 'em all, and i think the spector compliments the sound of the other basses quite nicely...i just need a good jazz now...i'll be hooking up with mr. nino this fall for that :ninja:

4. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    none o' you turkeys dig my new bass, eh? that's cool...i like it :D

5. I love it :D. The gold hardware makes the whole package a little too orange, but it still looks great.

6. Nice... I was playing one of those at my local music shop last week, and I really liked it. I'm a sucker for the finish on it too.

7. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    Pretty awesome!!!! As you know I just picked up an older Dot inlay NS-4CR & it's pretty awesome.

8. natebass

natebass

Sep 6, 2001
    Bremerton, WA
    congradulations - it looks sweet! Hope I get to hear you play it soon! :hyper:

9. CaracasBass

CaracasBass

Jun 16, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    Beautiful family!!!!!!!! Congrats. :bassist:

10. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    oh yeah, i'm diggin' this...nino you got the twin to this bass :D and hey, nate, i'll have to let you know when we play out again...i'm working on two cd's at the moment, so we've been busy with most of our spare time...i'll keep ya posted, though...maybe you could check out some of our cd's with different mixes so you could critique some of our songs