Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

NEW to Me WT-300

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by clavefa, Mar 10, 2006.

1. clavefa

clavefa Te Traigo El Tumbao

Well i got my "NEW" amp yesterday. I had to use the headphone out through my big home stereo aux. jacks so i can hear what it sounds like.
    My first impressions, I like the warm tube pre-amp, I've been playing through a GK 400RBII 2-10, 1-15 rig at church, tomorrow I'll plug in through those cabs and get the full effect. :bassist: :hyper:
    I'll revisit this thread after that.

2. Bates

Bates

Aug 10, 2005
    Austin, TX
    I would be interested in hearing your reply. I am thinking about going through a similar switch.

-Chris

3. clavefa

I hope it sounds good . Although i'm not too worried since that's not my rig. I'll still be buying my own cabs for gigging outside of my church .
    oz

4. Thor

Thor Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Just remember with the Eden's EQ 'a little dab'll do ya (Munji)'.

I set it up with everything flat and just dash up the mids VERY slightly.
    I don't use the enhance and leave it on 0,it scoops the mids.
    YMMV depending on your rig, tone and room.

But I think you're gonna love it. My band loves mine.

5. clavefa

Just remember with the Eden's EQ 'a little dab'll do ya (Munji)
    Yes, I noticed that just going through the aux in of my stereo, which is a nice older Pioneer, I totally set everything on the stereo @ 0 and just the eq from the eden WOW!

6. The Edens do have a great tone set flat. As stated above, if you do have to tweak, it doesnt take much. Congrats on the new amp. I bet youll enjoy it.

7. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Nice amp. That was also my first Eden. I loved her.

-Mike

8. clavefa

:
    I'm sure i'm gonna luvv this one, heh heh

9. Sundogue

Sundogue

Apr 26, 2001
    Wausau, WI
    First day I got my Eden (WT400), I realized what I'd been missing. Never looked back.

If my Eden were to ever die, I'd replace it with another one immediately, without thinking.

10. JOME77

JOME77

Aug 18, 2002
    Georgia
    Congratulations! I just recieved a WT-550 yesterday. I'm looking forward to checking it out this weekend myself.

11. I use a CXC-110 combo(essentially a WT-330 head+1x10)w/a CX-110 cab, also in/at church. I LOVE this rig- particularly w/DB, but I wonder what it would be like w/a tube in the pre & juuuust a bit more headroom. Tone forever, though.:hyper:

12. clavefa

Well I did my 1st. worship service with my new amp....
    I was using a GK 115 Rbh and the 210 rbh that i unplugged from the 400B III and my Smith CR5.
    I fired it up and set the eq's flat and the enhance to 0 the gain was @ 10 o'clock and the master was set to 12.
    From there it was just a little tweak to the enhance knob and I was in Tone Heaven.
    The GK cabs worked well I use that rig all the time with the 400 III, although my low end sounded alot fatter with the Eden, and of course with the tube pre much warmer.:cool:

Now I just have to find my own cabs for when i play my other gigs my next mission:hyper:

13. Thor

Thor Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Sweet.

That amp rules.