1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

New to pedalboards, looking for power supply

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by sirtimtim, Feb 13, 2013.

1. sirtimtim

sirtimtim

Sep 23, 2010
    Hey all, I'm building my first pedalboard and I'm looking for some power. There are many options but I'm looking for something small and compact. I'll be using 5 pedals that are all 9v but I would like the option of having 12v also. I'm goin for the clean look. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

2. danielfnj96

danielfnj96

Jan 29, 2012
    NJ, USA
    Well although it may seem good don't get a Visual effects daisy chain, ive hade 2 of them die.

3. sirtimtim

sirtimtim

Sep 23, 2010
    Hmm thanks

4. TussinBot.

TussinBot.

Aug 21, 2010
    Burbank, Ca
    1spot wont do 12v anyway. I use a 1spot at the moment, my first one died and visual sound replaced it for free. been using the new one for over a year without issues. a fueltank chameleon will do 5 pedals, one of them can be 12v dc or an ac pedal

5. LSMFT6

LSMFT6 We brake for nobody Supporting Member

Aug 16, 2006
    California
    None
    TheGigRig's power supply is great and will do any voltage you want. They're very responsive too, highly recommended.

6. truecanadian04

truecanadian04

May 4, 2011
    Canada
    Voodoo lab pedal board with power supply or gator pedal board with power supply.

7. I have a 1 Spot 9 volt pedal power thing and I have a Source Audio Soundblox 2 MW Bass Disto, EHX Neo Clone and Korg Pitch Black tuner and they do not seem to work with the power supply?? Do the EHX pedals have different polarity or something?!

8. burl0029

burl0029 Supporting Member

Apr 2, 2008
    St. Paul Park, MN
    I use a Godlyke Powerall for a ton of pedals and they work perfectly. They also make an adapter (I believe called the Iso Pump) that steps up the voltage to 12, 18, or 24.

9. dorknowitzki

dorknowitzki

Jan 9, 2010
    Philippines
    Endorsing Artist: Spector
    +1 on the godlyke powerall. 2000mah vs one spot's 1700mah.

10. I have a Diago Powerstation. Small formfactor, quiet, 3000ma and can be used to power up to 30 pedals. Standard 9v centre negative daisychain comes in the box but Diago have plenty of adapters (12v/18v/centre positive & 9v battery clip) to suit whatever power needs your pedals may have.
    Plenty of stockists worldwide and their customer services are second-to-none. Highly recommended.
    Have posted a link to the website so have a look:
    http://www.diago.co.uk/pedal-power/diago-powerstation.html