1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

New to playing bass and new to the forum

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by Coffey84, Nov 26, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Howdy all, my name is Chris but there are too many of those on this planet, so everybody calls me Coffey(like the drink except not spelled the same). I have been playing bass less than a year. I started because my church worship team had a need and I used to play the guitar in my teens. I got deployed shortly after that Sept 2015 and now I play for the worship band out here.

I started out with a Peavey Foundation. I still have it, but it is back stateside. I used my deployment out here as an excuse to buy another bass. I purchased an Ibanez GSR200.

My peavey was sanded down by the previous owner. I am trying to decide if I want to go back to the original color or paint it something different.

Although I am new to this forum, I am not new to forums, so I know if I do not post pictures, i do not actually have any basses.
    FB_IMG_1447568304225.
    This is the sanded one back home. I have asked my wife to get the s/n and take some better pictures so I can find out what year she is and what the paint looks like. I know it was blue.

PHOTO_20151026_162443.
    This is my baby that I am playing while I am here in Qatar for the next year.

DiabolusInMusic likes this.
  2. zontar

zontar

Feb 19, 2014
    J-5
    Welcome.
    The only bad bass is a dead bass.

3. Welcome.

4. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism Supporting Member

Welcome aboard!