New to playing bass and new to the forum

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by Coffey84, Nov 26, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Howdy all, my name is Chris but there are too many of those on this planet, so everybody calls me Coffey(like the drink except not spelled the same). I have been playing bass less than a year. I started because my church worship team had a need and I used to play the guitar in my teens. I got deployed shortly after that Sept 2015 and now I play for the worship band out here.

I started out with a Peavey Foundation. I still have it, but it is back stateside. I used my deployment out here as an excuse to buy another bass. I purchased an Ibanez GSR200.

My peavey was sanded down by the previous owner. I am trying to decide if I want to go back to the original color or paint it something different.

Although I am new to this forum, I am not new to forums, so I know if I do not post pictures, i do not actually have any basses.
    FB_IMG_1447568304225.jpg
    This is the sanded one back home. I have asked my wife to get the s/n and take some better pictures so I can find out what year she is and what the paint looks like. I know it was blue.

PHOTO_20151026_162443.jpg
    This is my baby that I am playing while I am here in Qatar for the next year.

DiabolusInMusic likes this.
  2. zontar

zontar

Feb 19, 2014
    J-5
    Welcome.
    The only bad bass is a dead bass.

3. Welcome.

4. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism

Welcome aboard!