1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

New to recording bass - Please help!

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Killersimon, Oct 9, 2017.

1. Killersimon

Killersimon

Oct 9, 2017
    Hi fellow musicians,

I am new to recording bass, but fairly comfortable recording guitar. Question to anyone knowledgeable: I want to record bass with a specific distortion stompbox (because I am tired of the DI-thing with two tracks, one of which with DAW-distortion on it and blended with the clean DI-track. That is boring and everybody does that). Is it a good idea to go bass-distortionpedal-Solid state amp-loadbox (Two Notes Torpedo Reload)-Interface and then use Two Notes bass cab simulator?

This is how I do it with heavy guitar and it works very well, although I use valve amps for guitar. Or would it be a waste using an amp at all? Maybe go bass-stompbox-interfacepreamp-DAW? Thankful for any advice.

2. MattZilla

MattZilla

Jun 26, 2013
    CNY
    The question is: is (x signal chain) a good idea? Will (x-1 signal chain) work just as well?

Yeah, probably. There are other combinations that will also work and sound different to discerning ears, and they'll work too.