New to TB Forum and Bass

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by hotdog53, Feb 18, 2010.

1. hotdog53

hotdog53

Feb 18, 2010
    Hello All.

I'm a 45 year old father of an aspiring drummer. I'm taking up the bass because I feel that it would be a great way for my son to develop his skill and for me to have some fun. I have played guitar for many years, however not very well.

I'm still looking for the right equipment, a quality bass and amp that will not only sound good, but retain its value and not break the bank.

Looking forward to researching and asking many questions.

Thank you for putting TB together.

2. Welcome, fellow old guy(I actually have you beat in age :(). Good on ya for keeping it in the family.

3. Hotdog,

My six year-old is also learning drums (I wish I had as much talent as this kid) and bass just seemed a natural compliment.

Have fun with your in-house rhythm section, and welcome.

MF

4. jaymag_87

jaymag_87

Feb 11, 2010
    Dallas, Texas
    hotdog

I'm a mid-40s, bass beginner, too. Not a father though. LOL It's awesome you are going to be spending some good, quality time with your young drummer.

I picked up an Ibanez SR300 that I think I'm going to really like. They seem to run about $300 new. I picked up an Acoustic B20 Combo for about $125. All told, with accessories, it cost me just under $500.

Good luck with your search.

5. MKoby

MKoby

Jul 14, 2004
    MD/Metro DC
    Welcome aboard.

You will find good fun here.

Check out gear threads on this question (both basses and amps)
    Decent gear has never been cheaper than now.

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 31, 2021