1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

New to the amp world

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Vin Dirnt, Oct 6, 2009.

1. Vin Dirnt

Vin Dirnt

Jun 6, 2009
    i know what i generally want though, i want about/at least 100 to 150w combo amp that dosent cost over about 350 dollars... can you guys help me out

2. Staccato

Staccato Low End Advocate

Aug 14, 2009
    Alabama
    You'll quickly find two distinctly different categories, A. Solid State, and B. Tube.

Figure out which category rig you want, and if you haven't discovered this already-you'll quickly learn that 50 tube amps plugged into a half stack, or full stack will compete with many higher wattage solid state amps.

If you're looking at used amps, the number of possible rigs will be many! I've never paid as much as $350 for an amp, although the retail MSRP for most of my amps is definitely higher...

3. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Go amp shopping, and use your ears.

4. spalka621

spalka621

Jul 26, 2005
    Minneapolis, MN
    What are you going to be using it for? What kind of music do you play?

5. Vin Dirnt

Vin Dirnt

Jun 6, 2009
    i want a solid state, and new, unless any of you konw of an unbelievable deal that fits thedescription i said.