1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

New to the forum and wondering about the wanted section

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by vin97, Mar 7, 2016.

Tags:
  1. vin97

vin97

Mar 7, 2016
    Germany
    Hello!

My name is Vincent and I started playing bass a few months ago.

I signed up for the forum to post in the wanted section because I am looking for a specific Fender neck.

Now, is there some trick to that section or why is my thread the only one that I am able to see in that subforum?

2. Welcome, and I have no idea, sorry.

3. vin97

vin97

Mar 7, 2016
    Germany
    Well, other people seem to be able to see it, so I guess it's all okay.

4. hrodbert696

hrodbert696 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

By TB rules you have to have a supporting membership to post an ad. Those rules seem to be written mainly with the "for sale" sections in mind and don't mention the "wanted" ads specifically, but it may be that you're experiencing the glitch because you aren't a supporting member. I would check with @paul .

5. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism Supporting Member

They removed the supporting membership limitations on the "wanted" section with the update. OP is allowed to post there and should be able to view everything. I have no idea why the OP may be having issues.

For what it's worth, I can see the thread and it is even included in the main list of threads.

Wanted: Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories

6. I was under the impression a supporting membership was required to even view the wanted section to deter scammers who just say they have what you want

EDIT: Diabolus proved me wrong^^

7. paul

paul Staff Member Founder Administrator

Jul 20, 2000
    Texas
    You got it. @vin97 all supporting members of TalkBass can see yours and all other threads in the Wanted forum. Non-supporters can only see their own threads.

8. vin97

vin97

Mar 7, 2016
    Germany
    Oh, ok, thanks for the information.

9. vin97

vin97

Mar 7, 2016
    Germany
    So, my MIJ Frankenstein 60s jazz is taking shape...
    xI42epX.

Waiting for the tuning keys now.