Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New to the forum-need opionions/info on equipment

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by mgdrummer, Aug 29, 2005.

1. mgdrummer

mgdrummer

Aug 21, 2005
    Hey-

I'm a drummer that is setting up a small project studio in my appartment (electronic kit, guitars & bass w/PODs to keep the volume down). I'm also wanting to learn bass and as a side note I've been learning guitar a bit as well. I've got a nice Ibanez SZ series guitar (set neck, similar to a Les Paul/PRS) and a POD and I want a similar set up for bass.

I love the sound of Stingrays and Spectors but I'm on a limited budget (like to keep it under $500). What are you're thoughts on the 5 string Spector "legend" series as well as the 5 string OLP Stingray copies? Does Ibanez have anything cool at the same price/quality point as the SZ guitars that sounds pretty good?

Thanks,
    Mike

2. FireAarro

FireAarro

Aug 8, 2004
    austr-
    Used MM SUB?

3. Spector_Ray

Spector_Ray

Aug 8, 2004
    Texas
    If you check ebay, there are usually a couple of Spector ReBops that go for around $500 or so. They're Euro series basses, but in a bolt-on neck. I know you were looking for a neck through or set neck, but for the quality you can't beat the price. They're much better than the Legend series or any other copy you can buy. Even if you have to spend a $100 or so more, they're worth it.