1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

New to the Forum

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by East Coast, Oct 22, 2017.

Tags:
  1. East Coast

East Coast Supporting Member

Apr 29, 2017
    Hi Talk Bass- I set up a profile months ago but have not been active. My daughter is a 13 yr old drummer and for 2 years had been playing bass off and on. She is a School of Rock student and her band's bassist took the summer off so she's been practicing/playing bass steadily since May. I've barely been able to find any information on Strinbergs. We bought her a Strinberg CAB-16 2 years ago due to it's smaller size and it's perfect for her. As I begin navigating this new journey, I'm happy to have found a site that offers such a broad range of knowledge and support! I don't know that I will post much but thanks in advance for the expertise and product reviews you are willing to share! I have placed 2 of her last concert videos in the Media folder under "other music". Please remember she's 13 and just starting. Everyone had to start somewhere. Thanks again!

Last edited: Oct 23, 2017
  2. bluesfordan

bluesfordan

Sep 3, 2009
    N.H.
    welcome. I thought you spelled Steinberg incorrectly but you did it twice. I googled Strinberg and it's a real brand.

Good for her. Tell her to check out Tal Walkenfeld. Regular size girl who plays regular scale basses and 5 strings, too.

LowActionHero, smogg, bholder and 2 others like this.
  3. MrLenny1

MrLenny1

Jan 17, 2009
    N.H.
    Welcome to TB.
    TB is the place for bass.

Spidey2112 and East Coast like this.
  4. East Coast

Apr 29, 2017
    Thanks much. Will do!

5. East Coast

Apr 29, 2017
    Are we allowed to post YouTube video links to this forum? I've started them for her.

6. bholder

bholder Affable Sociopath Supporting Member

Sep 2, 2001
    central NY state
    Received a gift from Sire* (see sig)
    I might suggest Espranza Spalding and Mohini Dey as additional potential inspirations. Both scary good! :thumbsup:

And yes, youtube links seem to be ok here:

gebass6, Gilmourisgod, smogg and 2 others like this.
  7. East Coast

Apr 29, 2017
    Thanks very much - I really appreciate it.

8. East Coast

Apr 29, 2017
    Thanks much!

9. East Coast

Apr 29, 2017
    Thanks for taking the time to welcome me - I posted 2 of her videos in the media video section in "other music". She's only just begun but loving it!

10. East Coast

Apr 29, 2017
    Thanks for taking the time to welcome me - I posted 2 of her videos in the media video section in "other music". She's only just begun but loving it!

11. Maxdusty

Maxdusty

Mar 9, 2012
    Michigan USA
    First off, welcome to Talkbass. Great community with a lot of knowledgeable people. I can't say I'm familiar with Strinberg, but it looks like a brand that primarily sells in Brazil but made in China with a few dealers here, in NY and in Florida. It's inexpensive from what I understand, roughly $300 new but of good quality according to people who own/have owned one. there are some on this site that do know much more about this brand and have one. I have to say I'm curious about it now. :) Perhaps change the title of this post to include a query about the Strinberg brand and they'll be able to see it. I did find this previous post. Strinberg owners? Am I the only one?

Again, welcome to TB and wishing your daughter all the best in the world of bass. I think it's wonderful when parents are involved .

Last edited: Oct 22, 2017
    East Coast and Spidey2112 like this.
  12. Spidey2112

Spidey2112

Aug 3, 2016
    Good job, Mom!

East Coast and LowActionHero like this.
  13. East Coast

Apr 29, 2017
    Thanks very much! That is about all,I know about Strinberg as well. We bought it brand new from a dealer in Florida. I was shooting for quality and size for a beginner and think we really lucked out. Its only needed 1 small repair since she has had it. Thanks for posting and for the welcome.

Maxdusty likes this.
  14. East Coast

Apr 29, 2017
    Thank you Spidey2112!

Spidey2112 likes this.
  15. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis

Deborah Killings, a Gospel artist and session musician (Outcast and TLC,)is an average size woman who plays really large six strings basses very well.

East Coast likes this.
  16. East Coast

Apr 29, 2017

17. Sonicfrog

Sonicfrog Supporting Member

Jan 4, 2008
    Fresno, CA
    Gail Ann Dorsey!!!

Dr. Cheese and East Coast like this.
  18. East Coast

Apr 29, 2017
    Thanks much Sonicfrog. Her voice is incredibly soothing too.

Dr. Cheese likes this.
  19. Funkabilly

Funkabilly

Aug 11, 2015
    Richmond Ky
    Welcome to TB! Ive been on here for a good while, and see things on here all the time that are new to me, and ive been playing for almost 40 years! These guys are a pond of knowledge, and there are so many, its hard to bring something up that nobody knows something about. You have bass forums, amp forums, effects forums, classifieds.... it goes on and on. Best tool for a bass player ANYWHERE.

East Coast likes this.
  20. East Coast

Apr 29, 2017

Last edited: Oct 23, 2017