Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New to the forums

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by slapcracklepop, Jun 28, 2005.

1. slapcracklepop

slapcracklepop

Jun 28, 2005
    Boston, MA
    Hey all, I'm new to the forums. I've skimmed around and read a few of the stickies, but I'm still unsure if this is the right location to post or not, so bare with me.

I've always been interested in music, however lately I've had an increasing appreciation and attraction to bass. Not to long ago I decided to pickup and screw around with a bass guitar at my local Guitar Center. I fell in love. Now, having the oppertunity to get a bass I'm curious as to how well the Squier P-Bass performes. I'm able to get it in a package that includes an amp, headphones, gig bag, picks, the whole deal. I just need something to learn off of and have fun with for now. What do you think?

If you have any tips or experience youd like to share, itd be appreciated, thanks..
    later

2. Absolutely get it if you want to learn. Hell it'll probrably be fine to gig with once youve learned enough or it will satisfie you while you play alone. Either way you cant go wrong. How much for the package?

3. slapcracklepop

slapcracklepop

Jun 28, 2005
    Boston, MA
    About $200-300

4. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Elixir® Strings
    Definately go for it man. I've been playing my Squier P-Bass for 2 years! and it's still going strong. Way later down the road i'm de-fretting it...maybe and replacing the pickups. it sure can rock though man, i definately suggest it.

5. slapcracklepop

slapcracklepop

Jun 28, 2005
    Boston, MA
    Alright, cool.

Thanks guys

6. I reallly,reall tihnk you should try a different bass in that price range every Squir I ever tried was poo. I mean their EXTREMELY hit or miss and I beleive you shouldatleast try a Yamaha RBX170 or Ibanez GSR200 I reall dont like Squire's and beleive you should try otherwise but it's your opinon

(The squire might be fine for a short wile but then you will outgrow it quickly and want a new one)

You can get the Ibanez starter pack with all that stuff and in my opinons the Bass is of much higher quality I tried several squire's that played terribly so please at least try it