1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

New to the site

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by Mitch83, Dec 14, 2006.

1. Mitch83

Mitch83

Dec 14, 2006
    Hey guys just wanted to stop in and say hi. I'm new to the site.

My Rig is:

Black Ibanez SRX300 4-String
    GK Backline 210 2x10 combo 300watts

I bought it as a started set and it has served me well so far but as I'm learing more and more I'm ready to upgrade.

I really want a Fender P or J bass. As far as Amps go I'm content with what I have I just want to upgrade the speakers because as it sits right now the speakers that are in it are 8ohms making it a 180watt out put. I want to get a set of Eminece BP102's so that I can get all 300watts. I'm so looking at a GK 115SBX-II to put underneth the Combo.

I'm still learning everyday so I will take any constructive critisim sent my way. Thanks.

Mitch

2. BASS E,A,D,G.

BASS E,A,D,G.

Nov 30, 2006
    :bassist: you can't go wrong with a Fender P.....
    thats what i use...i up dated the pickups with
    semor duncan bass lines.....one word AMAZING.
    i run through an old peavy mark3 bass head and
    a 115 cab(peavy) the head is 700watts rms...
    i use a korg prosesor to top it all off....:bassist:

3. Standalone

Standalone

Jan 17, 2005
    New Haven
    I'm a fan of buying used... go around and play a bunch until you find "the one." Your ibby should do you for a while...

careful of the G.A.S. bug. It is definitely catching on here.

Check out some vintage Ibanezes before you plunk down for a fender. They're underrated. Some nice woods/ nice necks on them.