new to this rack thing

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by rexspangle, Mar 23, 2001.

1. hey I own a bass 350 and i would like to put it in a rack case
    I plan on adding a tuner and maybe a compresser in the future.

Since I do not know about exactely what I want, because I don't have the cash yet.

how big do you recommend going?

also where is a good place to get one made?

and any other advice you can help me with would be great.

2. Luis Fabara

Luis Fabara

Aug 13, 2000
    Ecuador (South America)
    Audio Pro - Ecuador
    4 Rackspaces seem enough for you.
    I recommend getting an SKB RotoMolded Rack Case
  3. brewer9

Jul 5, 2000
    I recommend that you get a power conditioner/tuner. then you just plug everything into it and never have to look for plugs. The tuner is contained in it so you dont need to take up an extra space for it. I have the Furman Power-Conditioner/Tuner unit and love it. I also use a DBX compressor and a BBE Sonic Maximizer.
  4. jcadmus

Apr 2, 2000
    Best place to get your rack case would probably be online or a catalog.

Even if you're not crazy about buying gear that way, should be fine with something as generic as a rack case.

I got mine (SKB four-space) from Zzounds about a 18 months ago for $100. SHIPPED!
  5. You should take a look at what you could concievably want in the near to not so distant future and buy acordingly.

As far as brand I would NOT recomend SKB, I happen to not like them and think that other companies produce much better racks, sometimes at an even lower price. I'd recomend you look into Anvil, Jan-Al, and Grundorf (my personal favorite) for your rack.
  6. thank you so much for your help!!!!!!!!!!
  7. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    I like my SKB four-space ATA (not Roto). You could expand more with a six-space, but it starts to get bulky, and I'm an old fart. All's I have in mine is a WT-300 and a Korg DTR-1 tuner. I put a one-space vent filler between them. You could put a power conditioner in it, but it only saves you from plugging in one additional plug, and just adds more weight.
  8. brewer9

Jul 5, 2000
    SKB are pretty good, but as a value some of the others are actually better. But for most needs SKB is fine.
  9. does anyone know a good site where i can check out some power conditioners?