Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New Tony Levin Band & Steve Lawson

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by jerry, Nov 6, 2002.

1. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    Hawaii
    I picked up a couple cool bass releases this week... Tony Levin Band's 'Double Espresso' and our own Steve Lawson's new solo-bass release 'Not Dancing For Chicken'.......the Tony Levin is a double live C.D. from his last tour with plenty of great playing from Tony and the whole band. Steve Lawson continues to blow me away with his very melodic fretless playing and his use of loops & effects!!! All done in one take......amazing!!! I also picked up the Deluxe edition of Coltrane's ' A Love Supreme'
    .......besides having one of the best albums in the history of recorded man, there is a live in Paris second disc with the band on fire.......beyond words what that band was capable of:cool:

2. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    Yeah, I played the LIVE "Supreme" all weekend.

Finally picked up Victor Bailey's latest(glad I waited & didn't bite on the import price).
    Hopefully, Laswell's Charged Live will be in my hands this Saturday.

3. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    Hawaii
    I know what you mean Jim....there is a Dennis Chambers C.D. that I want really bad....but 40 bucks:eek:

4. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Oh man! That's now on my list!

brad cook