1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

New (too me) cab day!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by DeadGoonz, Mar 20, 2013.

1. So here's they story. Our band lost out transportation for our gear last week. So I had no way of moving my old Boogie RR 2x15 to and from gigs due to it massive weight and size. I instantly went on the hunt for something more manageable and smaller to use until we get our transportation back.

So here is what I found on "the List" a SWR Goliath ii in very good condition and a very good $. I picked it up on my way to practice last night and tried it out. All I can say is Wow! I had forgotten how good 10's sound. I was planning on just keeping the SWR until our van is back running, but I think I might just keep the SWR and sell my Boogie.

I am only posting this due to my child like excitement and I thought this would be the only place other people would understand my feeling of joy with a new piece of equipment. Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. kingkeld

kingkeld

Sep 18, 2012
    Denmark
    Nice! Child like behavior like this is definitely encouraged by me. There is nothing like (re)discovering something cool!

3. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Ya man, cool snag. Have fun!

4. dincz

dincz

Sep 25, 2010
    Czech Republic
    Fixed

5. tastybasslines

tastybasslines Banned

May 9, 2010
    Los Angeles, CA
    I had an Eden 4x10 can that was like this..sounded good, but still, I'm not a fan of rear porting. Much prefer the sound of front porting.

6. JLY

JLY Supporting Member Supporting Member

Congrats and enjoy!!