Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New Tool Album!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by d8g3jdh, Jan 10, 2006.

1. d8g3jdh

d8g3jdh Guest

Aug 9, 2005
    Heard it on the radio, supposed to be out i April. Any else hear anything about this? should be sweet i hope, Lateralus was their best so far IMO.

2. Bad Brains

Bad Brains Banned

Jan 7, 2004
    Detroit, michigan
    Can't wait!

It only took them half a decade........

3. Vox Populi

Vox Populi Reggae Loving Honkey

Jan 27, 2004
    Poulsbo, WA
    I can't wait either. Anyone... Ahem... "come accross" any of the new songs through "unofficial channels" yet? I can't wait to hear what this album will sound like. I really liked Lateralus even though alot of people didn't. It's really dense, I like to call it "brain music".

4. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    I for one would love it if this album was nothing but absolute chaotic abrasive noise, heavy on feedback and random out of time drumming. Just because it's taken them so long and all the tool fans I know start salivating just talking about the concept of the new tool album.

5. oddly enough this is pretty old news..

odd to hear right? "what the news about the new tool album is old news?" lol yes it is..

if u had picked up the DVDs that just came out.. or jsut saw them in ur local record store.. they have a sticker on the wrapping that says "look for new tool release - spring 2006"

yep :)

6. Vox Populi

Jan 27, 2004
    Poulsbo, WA
    You'd be out of luck, because I listen to that, too. It's called Laibach.

[​IMG]

7. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA

I'll have to look into that. I like some noise bands... I prefer live noise bands though.

This is why I wouldn't be a good "rock star." I'd love to screw with fans... or should I say, fake fans.

8. Vox Populi

Jan 27, 2004
    Poulsbo, WA
    That album (Rekapitulacija 1980-84) and the follow up, "Nova Akropola" are a couple the harshest albums I've heard in a while. They changed in later years, but are still good.

9. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    :hyper:

oh, and matt... i know of a couple bands that you might like... :p

10. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA

Noise bands? Or bands that screw over fans... because I've already heard of metallica. :D

Oh snaps, I went there.

I hate the band Wolf Eyes.... I'm done derailing this thread though.