1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

New TOOL!!!!!

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by bottomdweller70, Apr 15, 2006.

1. Hell yes!! by far, my favorite band

2. Wow, that's a cool tune. I can't wait 'till the new album comes out!

Thanks.:)

3. trog

trog

Nov 8, 2003
    Scotland
    I really dislike the lyrics. They're raspy and annoying, and sound like Trent Reznor wrote them :meh:

Danny Carey is an absolute monster, though.

4. idoru

idoru

Dec 18, 2005
    Brisbane, Australia
    oh, the drums... the drums :)

5. cool , thanks for the link :cool: I preordered 10,000 days a few day ago from amazon :hyper: ( and of course Stadium Arcadium..)

6. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    Hmm, dunno man, dunno

7. DougP

DougP

Sep 4, 2001
    though Tool is one of my favorite bands, every time they release a new album it takes me about 10 listens to really get into it.

This song sounds like an extension of Lateralus.

Unmistakeably Tool.

8. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Once again... drums... awesome. But I feel like I've heard this song from Tool a million times. They spent (x amount of years) in writing and came up with this? Coming from a non Tool fan... I was expecting more.

9. This is an awesome song. As everyone said, the drums are amazing and the middle section is probably one of the greatest Tool moment.

10. Thanks for posting. I like this song a lot more than I liked Schizm when it came out.

11. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    Love it, great song especially when it kicks in about 2 minutes into the song.

Can't wait

12. full_bleed

full_bleed

May 27, 2005
    Arizona
    Doesn't sound like Lateralus to me. If anything it sounds like a deeper exploration of bits and pieces of Anima mixed with a touch of his APC efforts.

13. I am digging it! Thanks for the link!

14. Justins got the Paul D'Amour tone going on, which is good. I've listened to the song about 10 times now and I like it, a lot. It's good to hear new Tool. Maynard sounds like he's still in APC, he also sounds like he's older...

The song sounds very mainstream to me, but it's good and sounds very Tool. Just sounds very familiar.

15. ArwinH

ArwinH run rabbit run

Dec 1, 2005
    Southern California
    I think Justin sounds really good, its a definitive justin, trebley bite with body tone.

The songs sounds very rooted in the efforts of lateralus. Aenima is bar far my fav so far. I'll buy teh cd and seee what happens. I love Tool

16. The song kicks much arse, I have listened to it about 10 times not (it is on repeat). The drumming is amazing and justin pulls off some sweet lines.

lowsound

17. Haha, it sounds like a Feersum Ennjin riff at the beginning of the song(Paul D'Amour's band): http://www.feersumennjin.com/

:eyebrow: ?
    check out "Lines" in the juke box at the upper right-hand side of the screen....these songs came out over a year ago - that's how long I've had their EP

It's pretty aggressive, but definately not the same as Paul's to my ears....still sounds like Justin - it's not dirty enough, nor does it have the same treble bite as Opiate and Undertow...

...and yes, I will still buy it, as I'm an avid Tool fan - I just hope there are better songs on it(maybe a couple more listens??)

18. metalguy2

metalguy2

Dec 26, 2004
    Boston
    I like it.

19. sweet, Tool album = Tool tour. If you have never seen them live, you should.