1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

New Toy On It's Way!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by grooveguru, Apr 19, 2002.

1. grooveguru

grooveguru

Sep 14, 2000
    Central PA
    Here is the Streamer Stage II that I just purchased and will be getting next week. 1995 w/ Hipshot DTuner and High Gloss Translucent Red Finish. Let me know what you think. Hurry Mr. UPSman!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. You're one lucky guy! Don't forget to tell us how you like it.
    I know, from experience of actually playing a gig with one, that Streamer Stage II:s sound and play great. As a bonus, yours look better than any I've seen.

Enjoy!

3. FalsehoodBass

FalsehoodBass

Jul 22, 2001
    Denver, CO
    i really like the back...
    what's w/ the fret marker dots? they look overly large to me.. is that a custom mod, or are they all that big?

4. old_skool

old_skool

Aug 17, 2000
    Milwaukee, WI
    Shes a looker, bro. Its safe to say that Im jealouse.

The dots are that big on all of Warwick SSIIs.

5. grooveguru

grooveguru

Sep 14, 2000
    Central PA
    They're stock like that on this model. I think it's a Ying/Yang design.

6. Actually, it's a Yin /Yang design. ;)
    And, yes, they're stock on the Stage II:s. And they look a lot better in person, let me tell you.
    Sorry for being such a spelling Nazi BTW...

7. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Sweet looking bass.:cool:

Now, of course, I hate you.:mad: (just kidding. But I am jealous. :D )

Congrats.

8. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    Sweet bass! good luck with it and tell us how it plays. That back is really ppppuuurrddddyyyyy...:D

9. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    WOO!!! i was looking hard at that one for a while, but couldn't justify it as i had recently assembled my Moses/MM Sterling and it sounds SO nice. oh well, the future holds a warwick fretless 5 - for sure.

great bass! i'm sure you'll love it as much as i love mine!

10. grooveguru

grooveguru

Sep 14, 2000
    Central PA
    Are there any other Streamer Stage II owners out there? I'd like to hear your thoughts on settings or quirks you may have encountered with yours? And what is the difference between the Stage I and IIs?
    Thanks

11. I've owned a Stage I since 1993, and I've played a Stage II at my former school. Both are 4 strings.
    The differences between the two are many.
    Both are obviously neckthrough, but made out of different woods. My bass has a neck made out of maple, with wenge stringers. Newer ones had bubinga stringers, and todays may be made with something else. Still they're mostly maple (the eighties ones were made mostly out of wenge, with cherry body wings).
    The Stage II:s had wenge and bubinga necks, IRC, some time ago. Now they might have some ovangkol in them.
    Both have wenge fingerboards. No dots on the Stage I.
    I'd say that the neck profiles of the two Streamers I've spent some time with were quite similar. The Stage II neck might've been a bit thinner front to back, but not by much. I'd probably like the neck on mine better if it had been a wee bit wider, but it's still nice.
    The Stage I I've got has glued on flamed hard rock maple body wings, the Stage II, as you probably know, has an Afzelia body (I think they've been made out of this wood ever since they first saw the light of day). Also the Stage II has the same kind of neat body construction that hides the neck that runs through it, can't remember what Warwick calls it, as the Thumb basses.
    Electronics wise the Stage I has an active P J set with active two band electronics. The Stage II has J pickups, probably actives, and two band eq. Since I bought my Streamer - it's made in '91 BTW - Warwick has changed the electronics. Newer Stage I:s are equipped with a three band eq. Might be the same with the Stage II.
    When it comes to sounds, the Stage I sounds a bit fuller, but it's not as tight as the Stage II. The Stage II also sounds better when slapped and overall quite close to the Thumb, all IMO. Both seem to fit in whatever style you play, their basic sound is that good and useable.
    Both are good and solid basses. The only problems I have with mine is that the neck is a bit unstable (and I still haven't learned how to adjust the truss rod, I'm afraid to make things worse if I mess with it. I'll get around to it someday), and that the E and A strings are a bit louder than the others. But, then again, that might have something to do with the fact that I haven't changed strings since '97 or '98. I'll buy a set of TI Powerbass as soon as possible. And, while on the subject of strings, I always use nickel strings. Stainless steel strings are too bright, and my bass is quite bright in itself, being made out of maple and all.
    That's all I can say right now, and you'd probably heard most of it before.

12. grooveguru

grooveguru

Sep 14, 2000
    Central PA
    Lousybassist; Thanks for the run down on the differences. I do know mine has a 3 band EQ and it's from 95'. Maybe the Stage IIs have always been 3 band???

13. You're welcome.
    And, nope. The one I played had a 2 band EQ. But it was made in '92-'93 at the latest. And as well, I remember that the Stage I's got the 3 band EQ a year or two after I bought mine in '93. So the EQ change probably came about in '94 or even '95, when Warwick (IRC) moved to the factory they make their instruments in today. At that time, they also started calling the Stage I's "Classic Line", and I think they changed the body contours a little as well.
    I used to be a bit sad that my bass didn't come with a 3 band, I even considered an upgrade. Now I don't care anymore. I get all the tones I need from my simple EQ. Most of the time I play it flat, or with just a little bass boost and treble cut.
    Another difference I seem to recall is that the EQ on my bass is bypassable. I e I can play my bass passively, by pulling the volume knob. I couldn't do that on the Stage II which was strictly active, for some reason. They've probably changed that as well, though.

14. grooveguru

grooveguru

Sep 14, 2000
    Central PA
    It's Here!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also got my Lakland back from getting Sims LEDs installed.

[​IMG]

Man what a week!

15. Freakapotamus9

Freakapotamus9

Jun 20, 2001
    Nebraska
    :eek:

you lucky lucky man!

congratulations! on both of them. wow!

16. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    Warwick--::drool::
    Lakland--::drool::
    Sweet looking basses, man. Hope it is everything you were hoping for and then some!

17. grooveguru,
    can you tell that the fretboard was removed or anything on your Lakland? I know Sims wont say how they do the installation of the LEDs, but can you find any evidence? how's the quality? did you get the edge markers also?

sorry for so many questions. :)

18. Johnny BoomBoom

Johnny BoomBoom Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2001
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Hey grooveguru nice basses dude!!!

I'm sure you'll be very happy with your new (to you anyway) Warwick - it's quite a looker!!!!

About your Lakland - I'm interested in getting Sims to put LEDs on a Spector bass I have nd am interested in how you found them to deal with, did you just ship the neck or the whole bass, did they charge more 'cos you shipped the whole bass, how long did it take them?

Sorry for all the questions - your Lakland looks cool with those LEDs!!! The one I'm planning is getting my Holoflash finsih REX2000/5 done with Green LEDs, I'm sure that Sims would tell me how wonderful they ar, but I'm interested in hearing from a customer/fellow TBer to see how it goes from 'our' end!

Cheers

19. ZuluFunk

ZuluFunk Supporting Member

Apr 14, 2001
    Pennsylvania
    GURU!!! Sweet stuff. I wish you many great gigs!!!

20. You can say that again, I kind of envy you. How's the Streamer BTW, any good? ;)