New Toy!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Eric Cameron, May 23, 2003.

1. Yay!! I just picked up a new toy!! A Schecter Stilletto Custom 4, with the Maple top and Mahogany body. She's pretty, she's light, and she sounds amazing. I think I'm in love.

So everyone conratgulate me, then tell me to bugger off and stop wasting bandwidth.

Rock on
  2. Phat Ham

Phat Ham

Feb 13, 2000
    nice bass. stop wasting bandwidth.
  3. FretNoMore

FretNoMore * Cooking with GAS *

Jan 25, 2002
    The frozen north
    [​IMG] Congrats!!

Now bugger off.
  4. Oh, and that's my De Armond Pilot Std hanging there next to it. My Ibanezi and Warwick are on the wall to the left, and the P-bass in in the garage.

Rock on
  5. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    I especially like the Ferengi to the lower right. :)
  6. Looks good!!!! Congratulation.
    Would've been killer with maple pickup covers...
  7. BTBbassist

BTBbassist join us for mankala hour!

Apr 20, 2002
    Westlake Village, CA
    Cool bass man...

but what's even the HPR poster in the background. I dabble in that stuff as well...but mostly amateur (construct engines myself)

Check out my latest project:

Bassists have such good taste in other hobbies :)

Anyway...enjoy the bass!;)
  8. i played on at gc and was blow away i am really thinking of getting one insteed of a a ray or jazz bass.
  9. Little yellow smilie faces.:)

Rock on
  10. Our latest creation (that's my sister next to it for scale):

It's the Liberty 7 Mercury Redstone. Stands just a hair under 7 feet tall, and 6 inches in diameter. Runs on J350s and K550s. Maybe K1100s, if we beef up the internal frame.

Rock on
  11. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    She's so goth! And the bass looks great, too! How's it sound?
  12. BTBbassist

BTBbassist join us for mankala hour!

Apr 20, 2002
    Westlake Village, CA
    Looks great man! Tell me how it flies. Where does your section launch?

We hope to have ours finished by the end of summer. It'll be going on a 75mm motor, 36" long, so we're looking at low M power, if the results from our last test were accurate.

I just picked up an 18 foot chute from Bob Fortune at Aerocon...I'm so excited. :D
  13. Taylor Livingston

Taylor Livingston Supporting Member Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    Louisiana, US
    Owner, Iron Ether Electronics
    I really like those Stillettoes. I've noticed that I like basses with big butts, as I like ladies. Hmm.
  14. Grats Eric! That's a sweet bass. I just got mine today too!!

Schecter Stiletto Elite 5

It plays great! Love the sound! and it's GORGEOUS!!!
  15. excellent choice man. thats the same bass im looking at for my next acquisition. hope ya love the schecter, i know i love em.
  16. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    w00t! :D
  17. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    nice bass, btw. i've seen those, they're pretty sharp for the money.
  18. WwwwoOOOOOOwwwwwwwwwwwwWWW!!!
    I'm like the wolf in Tex Avery's cartoons...

That bass really kicks a**!!!!!
  19. We've got 4 launches a year in-state, two are limited to FAR101 rules (nothing larger than an H128, no altitude limit) and the other two are set with a permanent 15,000ft waiver, with optional windows to 40,000ft. That happens out in Eastern Oregon, on a piece of land that one of the club members owns. Nice pice of land, just under 5 square miles. Nothing but sand and sagebrush, too, so it's nice and soft for those hard landings.

My next big porject is a 1:4 scale of the Black Brant X, both stages. Should be about 12' tall, and 4" in diameter. I have most of the sustainer done, and it has flown in an I284 several times with great success. The booster is now under construstion, with just the inter-stage coupler to be finished and the fins to have a final filling-and-sanding. I want a K550 for the booster and a J350 for the sustainer. The computer models say 12,000ft, but I will be happy with 10 grand.

And yes, my sister is VERY goth. But the funny part is that she still has Hanson posters up all over her walls.:D

Rock on
  20. Your sister is tall. And gothy.