1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

New toys from Fender Japan...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by joninjapan, Mar 21, 2006.

1. joninjapan

joninjapan

Aug 13, 2003
    Tokyo, Japan
    I am on the look out for a Jazz bass, my choice is Fender Japan, since I live here. Recently they issued a couple "new" models. Very promising!!!

Most important is the 1965 Jazz Bass. Binding and dots, matching head on the Black, Vintage White, and Candy Apple Red. 3 Tone burst available too. Alder body, rosewood board, US vintage pick-ups, spiral bridge, 38mm nut (1.5inch). retail 85,000 yen

Also issued the All Black series, 62P-bass, 62J-Bass, Strat and Tele.
    All are basswood bodies, and Hot Rod Pickups, and black hardware, the basses have the jacks moved to the side not the front, and no pickguards, very clean looking and very black!:ninja: retail 70,000 yen

a couple examples

[​IMG]

2. DarkMazda

DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    NJ
    god me and my love for red fenders.. now if that was Fiesta Red... yum

3. A red fender jazz with matching headstock has to be one of the sexiest basses ever!!!!

Along with an all natural jazz with white blocks and binding, or the Geddy Lee combination!!

4. jgsbass

jgsbass

May 28, 2003
    Floral Park, NY
    +1,-1,+1

5. dave120

dave120

Jun 27, 2005
    Central Florida
    Ahh I love the looks of Fenders with no pickguards! That all black would be mine if I was looking for a Jazz bass...

6. haxality

haxality

Feb 14, 2006
    Oh, man. Anyone know where you can get one of those all-blacks here in the states? Major GAS attack!

7. loendmaestro

loendmaestro Supporting Member

Jan 15, 2004
    Vienna VA
  8. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    If that red one only had a mint guard...

9. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001
    I love that red jazz. Matching headstock and binding with dots make it a pretty unique jazz bass. I would imagine that the alder body, maple neck, rosewood board, and US vintage pick ups make it a great sounding traditional styled jazz bass. I'd go for that one if it was me.

10. pacojastorius

pacojastorius Guest

May 21, 2005
    usa
    are they going to sell these in europe?

11. Like this one?

[​IMG]

:smug:

12. Lo end PUNCH

Lo end PUNCH

Jan 28, 2005
    Racine,Wi
    So uh.........whats really new??? seen those before at some point of time.

13. dave120

dave120

Jun 27, 2005
    Central Florida
    Would some of those P Basses really only cost $360 if you bought one in Japan? Even with the $120 or so you pay in shipping it'd be worth it to buy one of those over a MIM. Lots more color chocies available too!

I have yet to hear anything bad about MIJ/CIJ Fenders. I know my Jazz Bass Special is wonderful and from what I hear the new ones are built just as well. You can't even get a lot of those colors on MIA stuff here.

14. Pennydreadful

Pennydreadful Goin out West

Jun 13, 2005
    Arlington, Texas
    ESP Japan has some of the coolest crap I've ever seen.

15. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta (Grant Park!)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Someone hold me! OMG!!

16. Some of those basses are sooo tempting. I'm really just curious about fretwork and the quality of the electronics. I mostly say this because the pots in my MIJ P-bass were the only component that were poorly made- these little pots barely bigger than a dime in diameter.

17. EricF

EricF Habitual User

Sep 26, 2005
    Pasadena, CA
    Fender Japan's stuff is just yummy. I recently bought a 57RI Precision. It's as good or better than the US-made instruments for much less $$$.

18. joninjapan

joninjapan

Aug 13, 2003
    Tokyo, Japan
    the suggested retail here in Japan for Fender Japan bass models runs from 45,000 yen to well over 100,000 yen... actual retail is much lower!

so yes $360 is perfectly reasonable:hyper:

19. Correlli

Correlli

Apr 2, 2004
    New Zealand
    I'll be in the market for a CIJ P Bass soon.

They've got some cool wood and color combinations, esp. the Ash body and Maple fretboard P Bass.

20. Mike

Mike

Sep 7, 2000
    Cali
    why does fender japan just rock? and fender USA is... eh... so, so.