Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New Toys

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Ron Now, Jan 29, 2006.

1. Ron Now

Ron Now

Sep 3, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    Endorsing Artist: Fuzzrocious Pedals
    It's been alittle while since I've put up anything new I picked up but I figured I might as well do it all at once now.

Micro Loooper
    Boss NS-2 Noise Suppresor
    HAO Rust Ride
    Digitech Digidelay
    Boss FS-5U (momentary Footswitch for the DD-20)
    and finally the coolest
    A vintage Morley power wah/volume

I've been in a 6 year search for the right wah, and I think I've finally found it. It's as big as a toaster but at a decent volume it will vibrate the walls on my house (even more than they already do) without getting brittle and painful sounding at the top of the sweep. The sweep is huge going from a rumbling dub noise to a pleasant scream (with dist on). I dont know if it would work well for funk (never was good at it, so I dont act like I can). But basically I'm in love, I cannot wait to bring it home and try it out with my real amp. Only problem is that it is so big I'm probably going to get a second small board just for the wah (and probably a loooper with a volume pot to even out the jump between the wah and the rest of my signal). Once I remember my camera I'll take some pics and put them in the pedal board post.