1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

New Traynor YBA 100!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by qwench, Jan 16, 2020.

1. It is Namm time and I saw/heard rumblings about this new offering...the Traynor YBA 100 all tube head...it wasn't quite the aesthetic I was hoping for but hey, I am Canadian so I can't help but love Traynor gear...

Up on their website today...

YBA 100 – Traynor Amps

2. Jim C

Jim C I believe in the trilogy; Fender, Stingray, + G&L Supporting Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Bethesda, MD
    22 lbs!

3. 6L6's are my favourite tube for Traynor amps, plus it has the same bias adjustment that the YBA300 has.

Cool!

TD

jeff7bass, Root 5, murphy and 5 others like this.
  4. Raw N Low

Raw N Low If I can't hear it, hopefully I'll feel it Supporting Member

Jul 16, 2009
    Denver, Colorado
    It looks like a rugged little amp that should be easy to maintain and gig on a regular basis. I'd be interested in taking a peek at the transformer.

TinIndian, Moosehead1966 and qwench like this.
  5. I was thinking that they would have something for bass players this year! A great step!

6. After checking the dimensions, their displayed inches makes the amp's shape like a box rather than a rectangle. The measurements in centimeters makes more sense and seems pretty reasonable.

7. Yup...it looks like a typo but the sizing shown in cm's...those cm measurements equates to this in inches (as eriky4003 already figured out) :
    8.46” DEEP x 18.5” WIDE x 7.87” HIGH

So...that...at 22lbs should be an easy schlep. I will definitely give one of these a test drive at some point!! I wonder what the price point will be?

eriky4003, murphy, Jim Carr and 2 others like this.
  8. Heavy Blue

Heavy Blue

Nov 11, 2017
    Prairie Canada
    Oh man, that’s pretty sweet! I hope the Regina store gets a few. Hopefully the tonestack is more responsive than the YBA-200 (used to have one).

Anyone know what the street price will be?

Around here it’s all Peavey, Traynor/Yorkville, and Fender; In that order. People around here look at my Mesa WA like it’s some sort of off-brand.o_O

Hopefully it’ll be at least as good as the Fender 100T without its quirks even though with the output monitoring gadgetry I’m a little concerned as imo it isn’t necessary and adds to the amp’s cost plus if it goes sideways it’s going to be more $ to repair as per the 100T. The issues with the 100T irt the output tube monitoring setup is what turned me off of it plus its imo too-high-price so I’m really hoping this one stays clear of those issues.

Wouldn’t it put out more total output power using EL34’s?

Wouldn’t it be nice if, like an automotive dealer, they would have a trade-in promotion where one could trade in their older Traynor/Yorkville amp or combo (like my old but still running BM400 combo, my first “real” bass amp) for a minimum ($200?) trade-in value on this one? Just food for thought for the good folks at Traynor.:)

Last edited: Jan 16, 2020
    DJ Bebop and mikewalker like this.
  9. jnewmark

jnewmark Just wanna play the groove. Supporting Member

Aug 31, 2006
    Stax 1966
    Third St. Cigar Records staff musician.
    What exactly does the Resonance switch do ?

10. Jeff Scott

Jeff Scott Rickenbacker guru..........

Apr 11, 2006
    Nice, but I wish they'd go back to their '60s-early '70s style, design-wise. Then, I might actually buy one.

doop, Root 5, 4StringMadness and 7 others like this.
  11. daveman50

daveman50 Supporting Member

Feb 24, 2007
    Albany NY
    If it's like older Traynor amps, it controls the damping factor.

12. fauxtoe

fauxtoe Supporting Member

Apr 20, 2018
    Southern California
    Anyone have a street price for this yet?

13. FronTowardEnemy

FronTowardEnemy It is better to go unnoticed, than to suck

Sep 19, 2006
    Chicago Illinois
    Cool!!

14. Owned the Fender 100t. Had the bias fixed under warrantee. Great head and versatile. Owned the Traynor YBA-200. Didn’t like the tone adjustments 10-2-10 was flat. Meh... tone knobs weren’t weighted.. Had to work hard for a tone I liked. Presently own the re-issue Ampeg V4B. So easy to dial in a great tone. All that said, this Canadian is intrigued my this latest Traynor offering.. Mmmm.

Marc

Frankie Fender and Jim C like this.
  15. FunkHead

FunkHead Supporting Member

Mar 10, 2007
    I find the exact opposite on my YBA-300. There is no possible way to make it sound bad. Best amp I ever played through. I know it's not a 10-2-10 setup plus it as 2 Mid adjustments(one for frequency).

It's a passive tone stack so adjusting one knob does affect the others but in a good way. A little turn just gives you a different flavor of great!

I don't think the YBA-200 is flat at 10-2-10 either but I could be wrong.

16. Jeff Scott

Apr 11, 2006
    That's kind of a wierd flat setting. Is it a passive, or active, tone stack? The classic Fender tonestack is approximately 2-10-2 for a flatish EQ.

FunkHead likes this.
  17. Laurent

Laurent Supporting Member

May 21, 2008
    Napa, California
    Very cool looking amp! Looking forward to learning more about it.
    I had a YBA-200 some years ago and liked that amp very much.

18. .

Oops.. that’s what I meant lol. Mid-cut only. Marc

Oatis and Jeff Scott like this.
  19. Looks like a tube amp to me. What aesthetic would you rather?

20. Jeff Scott

Apr 11, 2006
    This aesthetic. Just like the old classic Traynors:

Traynor YBA-3 Amp 01.jpg

Of course, modern features, but just packaged like thise beautiful looking amp.

Edit: BTW, the first amp I ever bought was a YBA-3, in 1974. :bassist:

Last edited: Jan 17, 2020
    Root 5, salcott, DJ Bebop and 13 others like this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 8, 2021