Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New truck... PICS!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Mike Money, Jul 18, 2005.

1. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    1992 Toyota SR5 4x4 Pickup 3.0L V-6

Yes. its much better than the other truck i was driving...

I have been driving the blue truck on the right for about a year and a half... And it was slowly falling apart. Not the engine or anything, just a bunch of little things. My step dads plan is to refurbish it, and turn it into a desert truck to haul is Baja out to mojave and all that jive.

2. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    A couple more...

I'm going to get this KN injection kit. My sisters boyfriend has a 92 4-Runner with the same engine, and when he added that kit, he got a noticeable power boost, and 40 more miles to the tank.

Bed liner... new stereo... and i'll be pretty happy with it. Until edelbrock starts making toyota headers. :eek:

3. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    you da man

4. Nice truck Mike.

But you dont really need a 4 wheel drive, do you?? ;) :p

Sorry, couldnt resist.

5. Nice truck Mr.Money :D

6. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California

Ya... there are some trees that have been blocking my view of the high way for years. Time to choke the life out of them.

;)

I'm planning a excursion out to the desert sometime next month... just need to find people wanting to go.

7. Just pour a few gallons of gasoline on them (try to hit the water table).

Mike

edit: someone probably thinks I'm serious, so: just kidding. And Mike, nice truck.

8. congrats on the new ride

9. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Sweet truck Mike. I had a Toyota like that back in the day. They are nice, I just don't fit in them.

What kind of stereo are you going to buy Mike? I just got a JVC that plays MP3's for $90 at Car Toys. I'm not big into car audio, so I found the cheapest CD player I could. It is quite nice.

-Mike

10. CamMcIntyre

CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    USA
    Nice truck. ::looks at own car:: Very nice truck.

11. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California

Something that will read MP3 cds, definitely...

I'm going to have to get new speakers, too. Those are stock. The turd who owned it before me should have just put a CD player in it. He put a tape deck in it that is new enough that he should have just gotten a CD player.

the guy BABIED this thing... Never took it off road, give or take a fire trail or two... He used it to go to work, and come home. He kept it really clean... The visible parts, atleast.

The engine was fairly dustly/greasy, but that was fixed in about 10 minutes with some engine cleaner.

It has non-stock shocks... They are adjustable to 5 different settings. pretty neato.

12. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    Very cool! Much nicer then the 73 Dodge Cornet I started with! But the Cornet would beat it in a race, 383 V8 power, couldn't corner if your life depended on it! :p

13. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Very cool. Looks like you scored a nice ride. It has been my experience that most Toyota owners are like that with their trucks.

I'm not going to ramble on and on about my new CD/MP3 player, but if you want more info on the one I bought, let me know. I can get you one. I paired mine up with some Infinity door speakers, and it sounds real nice.

-Mike

14. seanm

seanm I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize! Supporting Member

Feb 19, 2004
    Ottawa, Canada
    Very nice truck! I would never have thought it was a '92. Seems to be in better condition than my low mileage '98 Ranger.

My Dad is a Toyota man. Kept a T100 for over 10 years then switched to a Tundra. He needed a bigger truck to pull a fifth wheel.

15. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California

Would i have to buy an amp? or does the unit power the speakers?

16. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    It would be more you if it were painted pink.

17. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    The deck I got will power four speakers. If you are looking to put in some subs, then you're going to need an amp. When I got the stereo, I bought the Infinity door speakers to go with the Pioneer speakers already in the back. It's nothing fancy, but it does sound nice.

-Mike

18. Where d'you live man? I'm assuming that's an american suburb, but I cant tell where....

(sorry if your not in america, but hey people have called me an australian before :spit: )

19. Thats not a truck man @!@.. Stop fooling yourself!

This is a TRUCK!
    [​IMG]

20. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    I give up. THAT is a truck.