New Truck!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by mikemulcahy, Mar 17, 2004.

1. mikemulcahy

Jun 13, 2000
    The Abyss
    My wife finally convinced me to part with my old Nissan. Now I am the proud owner of a brand new, black, Chevy Z-71 4X4 with all the trimmings.

I am too cool to touch myself!!!

2. Yes, you are. Damn those are nice trucks. :cool:

My old '93 Chev is going strong, with 160,000 miles. Needed a new engine at 80,000 because of a 'mechanic' who 'fixed' it. :rolleyes: The '93 is pre vortec and pre 3rd door (xtra cab) but it has served me well over the years:
    -hauling dirt / trials bikes
    -pulling snowmobile trailers
    -moving me and friends / family
    -hauling musical equipment :D
  3. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Y'know what that means?

New vehicle = road trip!!!

You're expected at Bass Central, stat, Dr. Mike! ;)

(Just not this weekend, I'll be in Atlanta!!! :))

...wouldn't wanna freeze off a finger, makes it hard to play bass! ;)

Congrats on the new ride!
  4. Ty McNeely

Ty McNeely

Mar 27, 2000

Come now DOCTOR Mike!! I expected better judgment from an INTELLIGENT person like yourself!!!:smug:

I admit--they are nice trucks. In my opinion, however, the 2004 F-150's blow them away in every category :D

Just joking--congrats on the new (very) nice ride :)
  5. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB

Jan 28, 2001
    New York
    Ford is a four letter word:D

Mike- congrats on the new ride. Post some pics when you can.
  6. NEW TRUCK? :hyper:

Good luck with her, Mike.

You know you can drive north to New York as easily as you can south to Florida. ;)

(Gard and Mike J are now locked in a deadly competition to persuade Dr. Mike to come to their respective towns) :eek:

Mike :D
  7. FunkySpoo

FunkySpoo Supporting Member

Feb 6, 2002
    The thing I like most about trucks is they give you licence to wear hats and yell at girls out the window
  8. mikemulcahy

Jun 13, 2000
    The Abyss
    Thanks guys, I love this truck To be quite honest, I did drive the F-150, but the ride was much better IMO. The SAT radio and On Star was a nice touch as well.

Gard I am currently in Virginia looking to maybe move to the mountains. The Florida heat is not fairing well on my wife sice her cancer treatments. But that doesnt rule out a road trip none the less. I promise to make there in the near future.

As for NY, I guess if Mikey J is the tour guide that trip is not ruled out either. But I think I would rather drive the Lotus up there, easier to work in and out of traffic.

9. Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Chevy rocks. That is exactly the truck I want. We'll need pics soon, too.
  10. lies, all lies...

at least till we see some pics :D
  11. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Fixed it for you.
  12. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA

When is the airing of grievances? I have a few. :D

13. Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Well, start a thread in basses. Then have it moved to misc. Then gripe about something completely unrelated to music in it only to have it moved to OT. Then closed because it became too political only to have another thread about the closing of your thread that was hijacked anyways. Like this one! :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

14. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

GUZZLER! Cool Man!
  15. Phat Ham

Phat Ham

Feb 13, 2000
    Virginia? I'm in Virginia. If you're ever in the neighborhood of Charlottesville shoot me an email or sumpin and we'll drink a beer while I gawk at your lotus. Actually, if you're thinking of moving up to Virginia Charlottesville is a great little city. Beautiful country, lots of great restaurants, not too big yet not too small, young college girls, etc. I'd check it out if I were you.
  16. Thor

Thor Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

PH is bone on. Charlottesvile [sic] is da place.

PICS !

This is TB after all.

Congrats quack!

18. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Oh....I thought the FESTIVUS references were from the Seinfeld episode. My bad.

19. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    It is. MJ is just weird like that.