1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

New Truss Rod Nut Cort Curbow

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by loogy1, Feb 23, 2013.

1. loogy1

loogy1

Feb 23, 2013
    richmond, va
    I picked up a Cort Curbow 4 string from a pawn shop a few years back, the truss rod nut was stripped in the head a little, and over time eventually stripped (pretty much) completely.

I've finally gotten around to taking it out, ( i used a flat head screwdriver withe a tappered head) but am having no luck finding a replacement. Actually i can't even find out the size of the original nut.

The Cort website isn't very informative, so if any one on here knows the size of the nut they use and where i could possibly get one. None of the guitar shops here in Richmond, Va I've gone too have been any help either so i am really counting on you guys.

Loved that bass soo much when I took the time to set it up, but now it's really got me down. If i can fix this I'm planning on re-finishing it. I work at a painting company and one of the guys who does the faux and specialty finishes is gonna give me a hand. Might even consider upgrading electronics.

So once again if anyone knows where i can get a replacement to fit it I would greatly appreciate it, and i will keep you guys up to date on the refinishing if you'd like.:p

2. jdthebassman

jdthebassman

Jul 11, 2010
    hey bro jd here this will help, i have the same bass, needed a few parts. 1-847-498-6491 is the # i got a truss rod nut and a couple of knobs. this is the dealer number. the rep was cool sent the parts for free. good luck jd.

3. loogy1

loogy1

Feb 23, 2013
    richmond, va
    holy crap i cant believe i got an answer that fast witha hopefully simple solution thanks soo much jd btw is that the number for cort of just a parts dealer .seems like cort but i'm easily confused guess it really doesn't matter if i can get that part

4. jdthebassman

jdthebassman

Jul 11, 2010
    it is the direct # to cort in the usa peace jd.

5. jdthebassman

jdthebassman

Jul 11, 2010
    ps let me know how it works out

6. loogy1

loogy1

Feb 23, 2013
    richmond, va
    def thanks again man