1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

New tube amp on the way

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jpark, May 8, 2006.

1. jpark

jpark

Feb 2, 2006
    WV
    UPDATE: The salesman goofed. It was a V4AV head. I definitely wasn't interested in that as for I already own the V4-B. Oh well, thought I had a good deal.

Sorry to boast :bag:

Called my local shop to see if they had the swr 12 stack. When I was last there they had an Ampeg svtav on blowout for $980, out of curiosity I asked if it was still there. Dude left to check the price, came back and I heard the calculator going and he told me $839, I think i peed a little. Of course, I said I'll take it. :bassist: :bassist:

2. Plain Old Me

Plain Old Me

Dec 14, 2004
    Nice!

3. wow thats a great deal man. I'm sure your going to love it. would have got a svt-cl if i didnt get such a killer price on my orange.

4. Nice, ampeg tube amps kick ass :D

5. Wow.

I need to upgrade to a tube amp.

SVT-CL, SVT-AV, or SVT-VR!?! :D

I saw a 8x10hpc for $700 here!

6. jpark

jpark

Feb 2, 2006
    WV
    One day I would like to get the matching AV 8x10 but that will be a while down the road. I was really quite happy with my ampeg v4B but when I saw this deal I knew I couldn't pass it up.

7. markjazzbassist

markjazzbassist Supporting Member

Apr 19, 2005
    Cleveland, OH
    dang man thats awesome. what a steal. is just that store having the svtav's on sale or is it a nationwide thing? I have noticed that musiciansfriend has the 410hlf and 810e on sale. are they releasing a new line of cabs for the SVTVR or something? why the sales?

sorry to be asking so many questions. im thinking about picking up a V-4BH in the very near future, so if they start discontinuing stuff it would be good to know.

holler

8. jpark

jpark

Feb 2, 2006
    WV
    That amp had been in the store for a while and they just wanted it out b/c it wasn't selling. Not really a big music scene around here. I'll now be looking for a killer deal on the matching 810av cab, haha. As far as the clearance thing, they have a couple other ampegs on clearance, I know the svt II was there when I was. I'll be going back wednesday so I'll check to see what they have.

As for the v-4bh you got a pm ;)

Oh yeah, the store was C.A. House music in parkersburg, wv. I know they have one in St. Clairsville OHio if you're near it you could check them out.

9. old_skool

old_skool

Aug 17, 2000
    Milwaukee, WI
    Wow, an even better deal than I got on mine! I thought I had a steal on my AV at $920! Gongrats on your purchase!

10. sedan_dad

sedan_dad Supporting Member

Feb 5, 2006
    Columbus,Ohio
    Dude, thats great! You are going to love that bad boy.
    I thought I got a good deal on my 2 year old CL for $930.
    Have you ever played through one before?If not ,your gonna crap your pants.It made my 3 pro sound like a transistor radio.
    I bet you want those Ampeg cabinets back now.You can always go to fliptops.com and get grill material to match the head and use it on what ever cabinet you have.
    Good for you Joe.
    Bill

11. jpark

jpark

Feb 2, 2006
    WV

I played the one that I bought when it was in the store but I never cranked it. Playing it that day is what got me interested in tube amps. I haven't really decided what I'm going to do with cabs. As for now, my avatar 212 will do fine. I'm excited to crank it and see what it really does, haha.

12. jpark

jpark

Feb 2, 2006
    WV
    updated added to first post

13. sedan_dad

Feb 5, 2006
    Columbus,Ohio
    Oh man I feel so bad for you.
    It really awful to get your hopes up like that and all of a sudden get the carpet jerked from under you.
    Maybe this means you really do want a SVT.
    They can be had on the bay for around $900.
    Thats right around the price that got you so pumped .

14. jpark

jpark

Feb 2, 2006
    WV
    Yeah I was let down pretty bad, haha. I was jumping on that b/c it was new and local. I'm debating now between that and a traynor. Just wish I could hear a traynor.

15. sedan_dad

Feb 5, 2006
    Columbus,Ohio
    In most pro back lines you see Ampeg.You do not see Traynor.For whatever it means.

16. Plain Old Me

Plain Old Me

Dec 14, 2004
    Traynor's YBA 200 is a recent amp. It has not been around a long time. The company kinda disappeared for a while, and its back now. The YBA-200 would be my first choice for a new tube amp under $1000. And as for pro backlines, pros are often paid to use whatever their setup may be. And their backlines are not usually running the show; they usually have a DI of some sort or just mic the cabs.