New Tull Tour

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Hambone, Oct 31, 2004.

1. I was just listening to Sirius Radio and they described the new Jethro Tull tour. It sounds like something unusual and not to be missed.

Apparently, Ian and the boys will only be playing smaller, high end, theatrical type venues. You know, places like the Saenger Theatre's and other restored art houses. Small, intimate, but well appointed venues with comfortable seats and good acoustics. The next aspect of the tour is even more different. Each show will be divided into two parts with an intermission. The audience won't know what will be on the show for either of the two sections. They could play all of Aqualung in the first set and come back to do only acoustic tunes in the second. Each venue and each show at the venue will be different and each half of THAT will differ as well. I guess that with 30+ years of material, you can pick and choose easily to make up something different.

I think I'd really like to get to one of these. I saw them last in 1983 or something like that - they might have been supporting "Songs from the Wood".
  2. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    I've caught a few shows starting in the early-mid 80s (Broadsword and the Beast tour first) into the 90s. 3 times at the Capitol Theater here in NJ. They put on a great show. They always did a 'bit' that was acoustic, Anderson and Barre sitting on the edge of the stage and a Medieval pub scene being acted out on stage.

I think the tour that Dave Pegg played with his Fairport Convention opening was my favorite.

I hope they record and sell this tour like Peter Gabriel did with last Summer's Greatest Hits tour.

Thanks for the heads up!