Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New tune

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Freeloader, Jan 14, 2005.

1. Freeloader

Freeloader

Dec 30, 2004
    hey guys, here's something new i did.
    http://www.soundclick.com/bands/3/vishalnayakmusic.htm
    (Beaten Into Submission)

its kinda like a jam.... i did this bass line, then played some drums...... sent it to my buddy warren and he played some wild stuff on it.
    if you like FUNKY stuff, you might just wanna check this out. and yeah, i guarantee you will love warren's playing. infact, after you're done downloading my stuff, make sure you check out his soundclick page at http://www.soundclick.com/bands/2/blackstratbluesmusic.htm

2. Freeloader

Freeloader

Dec 30, 2004
    BUMP!!!!
    LISTEN TO MY TUNE!
    its just straight forward funky stuff.

3. i loved it man, thats one groovy tune. Nice bass line and drums too. The guitaring is very nice too.. i love the blues guitar tone

4. Freeloader

Freeloader

Dec 30, 2004
    thanks man.
    check out warren's own page at the link i posted, he's got some great music there as well.

5. will do ;)

6. man, Warren, is one kick ass guiatrist. I love his stuff, his tone is just, cool :D. The funky stuff is amazing. And im in a melow mood tonight, so "Mark My Words" is doing wonders for my musical ear.

Thanks for linking me to his site dude, wow, amazing stuff. Besides Beaten into submission, have you played bass on any of his other tracks?

7. Freeloader

Freeloader

Dec 30, 2004
    well actually, i live in calcutta, and warren lives in bombay... he's one of india's best guitarists.... infact, he's pretty much THE MAN in the underground scene here, playing with a band called zero. i met him 2 years ago when my band was doing a gig in bombay, we hung out and jammed a lot. anyway, i'm actually a drummer but play bass simply because i just love the instrument. i did this track and sent it to him, and he put some guitar on it. we're gonna be doing more stuff soon. this live drums recording thing i've got happening at home really rules, because now there's no more drum programming involved and we can really have fun doing internet jams with 'real' music.

anyway, there'll be loads more stuff coming soon.

ps: warren is just 25 (incase you were wondering), doesn't he sound like he must be a much older player??? he's really got his 'sound' happening.
    oh, and yeah, i'm 19. :p

pps: most (or all) of the bass on his tracks is played by him.

8. wow, only 25? how many years has he been playing, and same with you?...

My uncle is from Bombay, Im of Sri Lankan background

9. Freeloader

Freeloader

Dec 30, 2004
    i'm really not sure how long he's been playing.... i think he started pretty young though.
    i've been playing drums about 8 years, and i've been fiddling with the bass for about 2 years. just bought my own bass a month ago.

10. Suckbird

Suckbird Banned

May 4, 2004
    Sweden
    Nice dude!

And wow, warren!

11. dude the more i listen to warrens stuff i love it more and more lol. He is one amazing musician

12. Freeloader

Freeloader

Dec 30, 2004
    i promise more funky stuff SOON.