New tuners for my warwick?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by BassManPatsFan, Oct 2, 2005.

1. BassManPatsFan

BassManPatsFan Supporting Member

Feb 20, 2004
    San Francisco
    Hey guys I think this is the right forum for my qusetion, if not feel free to move it (mods).
    Anyways Ive inquired here before about getting a gotoh style d-tuner machine for my warwick corvette, but I've been told that the headstock is too small to fit the tuner without reangling it. So I was wondering, if I replaced all the tuners with hipshot ultralights and then bought the hipshot ultralight d-tuner would that work on my bass' headstock without having to reangle? If i did have to, how many degrees would I have to move the tuners? Also, for any of you who have replaced your warwick tuners with the ultralights, do they fit right in the original ones without modifications? Do they really take some weight off the bass?
    I know I just asked a lot of questions, but I've been curious and have grown tired of retuning every couple songs at band practice and shows to compensate for songs in drop D and normal tuning.
    Thanks in advance for the help!
  2. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    IIRC the Ultrailtes and Gotohs are about the same size. The only concievable advantage I found to the UL's is that you could get elephant ear keys and the fact that they weigh less than Gotohs by a marginal amount.

IIRC also, the Hipshot should work fine, BUT if it doesn't you can get one custom made with a lever that extends AROUND the other tuners to make things work. Email with your question for best results.