New tuners on bronco bass

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by notverygood, Mar 17, 2010.

1. notverygood

notverygood

Feb 11, 2010
    I was wondering if anyone knows of any tuners that will fit a bronco without major changes to the bass? Anything that will just drop right in would be perfect. :help:

2. joegeezer

joegeezer

Mar 9, 2005
    Northern Wisconsin
    Avatar Club#12 Eden Club Lucky# 13--USA Peavey Club#37 Carvin Club#5
    I was thinking the same thing for mine. I looks like the smaller enclosed Schallers would be a good fit. I've had those on 5 different basses, and they have always held tune well.

3. Just got these Ping P2681 tuners. They should fit without to much effort. I'll let you know when I get a second to install them! image.jpg

4. image.jpg

5. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Supporting Member

I'll check back on this thread...out of curiosity about why the question was asked. The tuners on my Bronco work great, and I've had it for 3+ years.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2016
  6. Where do you get Ping tuners from?

7. pcake

pcake Supporting Member

Sep 20, 2011
    Los Angeleez
    they have 'em on amazon.

ZenG likes this.
  8. One of the original bronco tuners on my bass has snapped so I need to replace it. These apparently drop in just need to re drill the holes at he back. I'll install them next week.

9. Ok so I had a go installing the Ping tuners. It was really easy. image.jpg They have a much thicker tuning post and they are much smoother than the stock Bronco tuners. I prefer them without the covers image.jpg the gear cog is much bigger than the stock too image.jpg

Last edited: Aug 21, 2016
  10. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Supporting Member

Those look just dandy to me!

El Pelusa likes this.

11. So, you were able to install these without drilling out new holes through the headstock?

I would have no problem with the originals but the E is not holding well.

12. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 15, 2021