1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

New tuning machines... straight or not?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Bassman316, May 9, 2010.

1. Bassman316

Bassman316

May 27, 2008
    Longs, SC
    Hey guys... Got a question. My ABG is in bad need of some replacement tuning machines. The stock tuning machines are of the sealed 2+2 variety. I've been poking around the internet to get an idea of what's available, cost, etc. I've noticed that there are 'straight' tuners, and then there are just regular tuners. The site I saw this on is http://www.guitarpartsresource.com/bass_tunersgotoh.htm. I can't really tell a difference by looking at the pictures, either. After doing some searching around TB, I've come up with nothing, so here I am! :D Thanks for your help guys!

2. mech

mech Supporting Member

Jun 20, 2008
    Meridian, MS, USA
    All the ones that do not say "Straight string post" in the description have string posts that are concave in the string wrap area.

mech